Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

Unread 04-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Day 13 days post op

Hi Everyone,
I had my Post-op today, no Exam thank goodness!. I can't even imagine a speculum at this point. I haven't had a lot of post op pain and was off the pain meds by the end of week 1. I take some Ibuprofen sometimes which is what the Dr. said to do before I left the Castle. I feel like myself until I get up moving around to much and then extreme tiredness sets in. I tend to get bored easily so have books and magazines. TV of course & books on CD which I listen to while I crochet.
The Dr. still says no sex for 4 more weeks. They took the Cervix and the top of the vagina is stitched shut is the reason, he wants to make sure everything is fully healed first. I am on a hormone patch and feel like its doing its job. I haven't had any Hot flashes or night sweats. The Pharmacy tried to give me generic on the Patch, Its supposed to stay on 7 days but the generic fell off after 3 days. I called the Pharmacy, and talked to a pretty rude Pharmacist, and told them the Dr. had prescribed brand name and I wanted the trade the rest out for the brand name and have them mark the file no generics.
The Dr. says the next 2 weeks will be tons better than the last 2 and by the end of 3 months you will really notice the difference in how you feel compared to how you felt before surgery.
I hope everyone continues to heal both physically and mentally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Apr 02-Apr 09,2007

I am 14 days out and I feel great. I am tired right now and I haven't been able to sleep much, but I do feel pretty good during the day. This insomnia will be something I will have to find an answer too. But today I felt like I could just do my "normal" life and it felt hard to slow down. My Mom is still here and she said I am not really in the real world right now with her here. She does everything and really all I have had to do is take care of me. We have had meals brought in almost every night and it's kind of been like a 2 week long birthday party with all the attention. Mom goes home on Thursday so maybe on Friday I will start getting a taste of the real world. I hope the bottom doesn't drop out and I am worried about depression setting in next week. I am glad for the spring weather as sunshine always helps my mood. I have not had any night sweats or emotional outbursts so that is an improvement from pre surgery. My abdomen was painful to the touch 2 weeks ago, but now aside from a little incision pain it does not hurt at all. I also had the bladder thing, TVO or TVT, can't remember. I sneezed yesterday and after I realized it did not hurt my incision, I realized I hadn't leaked either! So that was another plus. I am just afraid this great feeling will wear off and a week from now I will be wishing this never happened. I am so glad for this site because just about everything I have felt or been through someone here on the site knows exactly how I feel. I know I will get through anything and that is a good feeling.

The sex thing is not an issue for me. Is that weird? I feel like I have a drive but I'm just in park now. Is that weird, should I be wanting it? Our sex life needed some work pre surgery anyway, so maybe it is just that. Hoping DH and I can have a talk about it and get away for a few weekends this summer and get back on track. I think his libido is low too so maybe I need to get him on a patch too! LOL

Sandra

TAH/BSO tons of endo and lots of adeno, Climara patch
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:07 PM
bored at home

hi, i had my surgery on 4/6 - a vaginal full hysterectomy. they thought they would have to do bladder work but didn't. they found a large fibroid that didn't show up on my ultrasound nor my catscan - why? they removed everything. i'm achy today and go back for my 2 wk ck on monday (today is thurs). not looking forward to that but would like to drive again. i'm having some discharge, light red/brown but with some thickness. no itching or burning. also, my low back around my butt is hurting today. i have been doing some walking but achy today. i thought the discharge would be gone by now.

the constipation was the worst part. now off of vicadin it seems to be better plus lots of stool softeners. they want me to take iron too - are they nuts? i want my system to move before i put any more blocks in it.

j
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2007, 02:14 PM

Just wanted to tell you that if you go to your local vitamin shop and get chelated iron, you won't get constipated.....

Good luck with your recovery!
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox49
The sex thing is not an issue for me. Is that weird? I feel like I have a drive but I'm just in park now. Is that weird, should I be wanting it? Our sex life needed some work pre surgery anyway, so maybe it is just that. Hoping DH and I can have a talk about it and get away for a few weekends this summer and get back on track. I think his libido is low too so maybe I need to get him on a patch too! LOL

Sandra

TAH/BSO tons of endo and lots of adeno, Climara patch
No Sandra, I don't think it's weird at all. Actually it's not on my mind much either. A lot of other things to be concerned with right now. Like working & taking care of my son! I'm sure the urge will kick in at some point, but I can wait a few more weeks!

Regina
Unread 04-19-2007, 09:58 PM

Thanks Regina! Now I don't feel like a geek! LOL My Mom has been here taking care of us since April 7th. She went home today and so now I get to see if I can keep the family running on my own. It will run a slow pace but I'll do my best and DH had a pep talk with the boys to let them know Mom needs CHEERFUL givers! LOL My Mom talked to them too so we'll see. I guess if I get to 8 weeks and I still don't move out of park in the sex department I'll call the Dr. and see what is going on. For now I'll just try to keep up with the rest of the daily stuff, and sex hasn't been daily since we had kids!

Thanks for your reply!

Sandra
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:06 AM

Well I'm doing so much better. I have not had any pain the last three mornings and thru the day. But come night I am hurting a little bit in my pelvic area and back. I still have alot of gas at the end of the night. My bowels are moving regular in the mornings which is a miracle for me. I have had all my life problems with my bowels. I have a septum in my stomach that makes food not pass thru like it is suppose to and I end up with very sour stomach and burps are worse than passing gas(smell that is). So since surgery and they removed my large uterus everything is working great now. I wonder if it gave more room for my intestines. All I know is I had this surgery to stop my horrendous periods and this is just a added blessing that I will hope will last. I went out on my first outing to Wally World yesterday and I enjoyed it. Got a little tired but was able to walk the hour and a half around the store with no resting. I then went with DH to a side job he was doing and didn't get home until 9:30pm. By that time I was exhausted and hurting but Ibuprofen seemed to work. Was expecting to be in bad shape this morning but actually got up feeling good. I sure hope this lasts!!!! I noticed last night that I had a little spotting and some odor. I read that this was normal. A sign of healing(stitches desolving) Is this correct???
DH has resolved hisself not to push the sex issue with me. He is hoping at my 5 week checkup that I will be released then. Bad thing is that is 3 days prior to me leaving on a 2 week business trip. So we will see what doctor says before I leave or I will be good and healed hopefully by the time I get back.
I hope and pray everyone continues on healing and recovering well!!!
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM

Hi Sandra, We are about in the same place I had the TVH also and am on the Climara Patch. Not needing sex right now is just our bodies way of saying we need to heal. My DH seems to understand that I need him to just hold me right now. We've been married for going on 23 years and we are having health issues when it comes to Sex anyway, but its never stopped us from enjoying each other.
Unread 04-20-2007, 07:36 PM

No sex, means no sex from any position (unless it's oral)!! Be adament!!!
Unread 04-21-2007, 02:38 PM
2 Week Check

My 2 week check was on Thursday and it was all good news. YAY! I'm cleared for driving, and he took my steri-strips off. Now I'm itching where the hair is growing back, but at least I can see the incision. It looks pretty good and finally my scabs from the staples are coming off. The only bad part is where I cut my belly trying to trim the steri-strip ends. I can't feel that part of my belly, so I didn't know I cut myself until it was too late. Oops! DH says I'm not allowed to use scissors without supervision anymore. LOL!

On Sunday I thought I had hurt myself. I was in the front passenger seat of our truck and my 4 year old daughter had dropped something and asked me to get it for her. Without thinking, I twisted and reached back for it. I felt a burning underneath the right side of my incision. When I mentioned it to my DH (who had been outside filling up the gas tank), he was pretty mad at me. The next morning I noticed a slight swelling in the same spot. I showed it to the doc during the appointment and he said it looked fine and he didn't think I did any damage. Whew! Needless to say, I've been a lot more careful since then.

I've been back to work since Monday ( I own my own little retail store), and most days I feel just fine. Most of the time I sit on a barstool in front of the computer, so it's not very stressful. Although Tuesday we had to go take care of my MIL, and didn't get home until 10:30pm. I was exhausted and in pain.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my pain meds question. I did call the office on Monday and got a rather rude nurse who made me feel horrible for asking for more pills and made it seem like I would not be getting a refill. She also never called me back. During my appointment the nurse who checked me in said it should be no problem and was very sympathetic. Sure enough, my doc wrote me another script for 20 more. He said there will be days when I overdo it and understood why I wanted to have them, 'just in case'.

My pathology report showed Adenomyosis and "incongruent lining". They thought my left ovary was stuck to my uterus from 2 ultrasounds done a year apart, but my doc found no adhesions or endometriosis. My uterus was laying backwards against that ovary and that's why it wasn't moving during the ultrasound exams. So I got to keep both ovaries and my cervix. I also only lost about 2 ounces of blood during surgery. I couldn't have asked for better news. I haven't had any of the pain that I was experiencing before the surgery, so I am very grateful that I had it done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register