When does DIM start to work? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Natural Meno Post Hysterectomy - Kept Ovaries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When does DIM start to work? When does DIM start to work?

Unread 06-25-2007, 02:55 PM
When does DIM start to work?

In order to fight the water retention (read: WEIGHT GAIN ! ) of the Androgel, I have started taking DIM (diindolylmethane).

This is a natural product which suppossedly could stop the conversion of testosterone into estrogen (which can cause weight gain).

I have been taking 2 capsules a day (each containing 250 mgs of DIM) for about a week now. Does anyone know when the effects kick in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2007, 11:50 PM

Hi When I first started taking DIM, I noticed a difference at about two weeks. I'm sure everyone is different, but that's probably a ballpark.

s,
-Linda
Unread 10-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Smile - When does DIM start to work? When does DIM start to work?

Hi Surferbabe
Just curious. What is your doseage on DIM and what sysmptoms has it helped you with? I read that the preferred dosage is 500mg twice a day. I'm just trying to gather some information before I discuss it with my doctor. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2007, 08:04 PM

500 mg a day of DIM is a HUGE dose - unless it's the 20-25% DIM capsules out there that appear to be pure DIM when you glance at the label (misleading, if you ask me).

I take two Source Naturals DIM capsules a day, 12 hours apart. Each contains 100mg of DIM, for a total of 200mg per day. The "usual" dose is 100-125mg/day (meaning that's the dose that has been most studied).

s,
-Linda
Unread 10-04-2007, 09:34 PM

Thanks for the clarification SurferBabe. All the information out there can be so overwhelming. I am considering DIM with Calcium-D-Glucarate to avoid estrogen overload and want to be sure I have the right information. All this is new to my, very conventional, GYN, who after much coaxing has finally agreed to help me seek BHRT as apposed to HRT. I have agreed to do the initial research and she's agreed to help me make informed decisions.
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flag Darlin
In order to fight the water retention (read: WEIGHT GAIN ! ) of the Androgel, I have started taking DIM (diindolylmethane).

This is a natural product which suppossedly could stop the conversion of testosterone into estrogen (which can cause weight gain).

I have been taking 2 capsules a day (each containing 250 mgs of DIM) for about a week now. Does anyone know when the effects kick in?
my Dr. told me at least 2 months!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register