Can't wait--counting down | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't wait--counting down Can't wait--counting down

Unread 01-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Can't wait--counting down

I'm scheduled for Feb 3 and can't wait. Diagnosed with 5cm fibroid October 30. By Dec 5 laparoscopy it had grown, was roughly 3x times of my uterus and I have endometriosis on right ovary, which grows cysts like Iowa grows corn. Family history of recurrent fibroids, so I've opted for hysterectomy, asked them to leave left ovary if it is healthy. Goddess only knows how big it is now. Dr said it is fast growing.

Because my bladder and bowels are squished by this blasted thing, I have to pee constantly (every 30 minutes or so if I drink anything), I'm constipated, gassy, bloated, have a constant lower backache, and right now on my period, so my poor uterus is cramping too.

I figure a few weeks of pain is worth it for a lifetime of not having to worry about more of these.

People keep asking me if I'm scared. They look at me funny when I say I'm not, I'm relieved. They aren't in my body, so they don't understand how uncomfortable and in pain I am. Ok, I don't react well to general anethesia, but other than that I'm not worried. I get the most understanding from women who have had children--they too have had something in them that they want out.

Counting down...

JJ King
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 01:54 PM

Hello. I am scheduled for 2-6 and like you I am anxiously awaiting. While I am nervous, I am also ready to get on with it. I have a mass, which they are thinking is a fibroid, but tests cannot confirm. They won't know for sure until they get in. I also have the back ache, constipation, frequent scant urination.
Good luck with everything
Lori
Unread 01-22-2004, 05:20 PM

I think once you make up your mind, you're all set to go. People normally don't know what you're going thru so there's no way they can understand.

I had my surgery on Jan 5 and am feeling wonderful. Best thing I ever did....and would do it again in a heartbeat. I didn't have all the pain and bleeding so many others do, but I think we all do this for our own reasons.

and a big for your upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery.

Blessings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2004, 05:52 PM

when i finally was sent to my gyn for hyst consultation i almost begged her to take it all out.i did not have the problems you all have,mine was just very heavy bleeding and sharp pains on right ovary(cyst).i did not have end or anything like that but i had had my tubes tied in '96 and had nothing but problems since then. I was so happy when she after 3 months said nothing else to do except hyst. i almost jumped for joy. 3 years later and even though i am having hormone problems(had the same stuff before) i still do not regret it.It is the BEST thing i have ever done. Good luck.-Janette
Unread 01-23-2004, 01:47 AM

I, too, am counting down! Woohoooo, four more days and I can hardly wait.

Prayers and loads of huggles and squeezes headed your way!!!!
Unread 01-23-2004, 02:01 AM

Hooray, I am with you all! I am so ready for everything to be all over and to start the next phase of my life. Best wishes to all LIW and congratulations to past princesses!
Julia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register