Scared for surgery in 3 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared for surgery in 3 days Scared for surgery in 3 days

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Scared for surgery in 3 days

Here i sit 3 days before my surgery and iam the most scared than i ever have been....I am a happily married, mother of 3 and i have no clue on what to expect. Iam just thankful that my husband has been vary supportive through this whole ordeal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Re: Scared for surgery in 3 days

Me too my surgery is on the 8 and I get more anxiety the closer it gets. I have had 3 c-sections but read this is worse, I hope not.
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:41 PM

What part are you afraid of or is it just the whole package deal that is making you apprehensive? I know surgery of any kind can be daunting. I've had previous surgeries, and I was still apprehensive about having this one. Thankfully everything went well and my recovery has been a lot less painful than what I had been anticipating. The first 24-48 hours were the most rough, of course, but each day has gotten better and better for me. Good luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:44 PM

for me i delivered all 3 of my boys naturally so i have no idea on what to expect and i hate the fact that i will be helpless and out of commision for god only knows how long, when i first set up my surgery the surgeon told me i would be keeping both ovaries and now he decided it would be best if he removed my right one since it is too iffy if he can completely repairing it i just want this pain to go away but i am scared of the end results
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:46 PM

It really varies but many of us have gone through this and been pleasantly surprised.

I had a DaVinci LAVH/BSO with some discomfort but no pain. It was exactly 2wks ago and I feel great now.

I got expert care from everyone in the hospital and they knew how to make me comfortable

When I first got home from the hospital I did need a lot of help. I couldn't lift many things, couldn't bend down to pick things up from the floor and needed help after showering. I slept on the couch the first few nights.

But I made amazing progress every day. I hope you ladies also have a positive experience.
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:47 PM

besides having my tubal i have never had any surgery and i think thats what scares me the most and for the simple fact that i will never be able to have a child with my husband ever and thats what we were planning on trying next year but than all this started
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Scared for surgery in 3 days

I'm 4 months post op, it's the best thing I could have done.....feeling so good and sex is so much better! If I over do it do much my swelly belly comes back to remind me to slow down for a few days. Hauling all the Christmas decorations out at work and home was a quick reminder that things arent fully healed in there....but I sure feel better then I did when I was lugging that large lumpy, bumpy uterus around!
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:55 PM

Well ladies I had a tah on nov 10th 3 1/2 weeks.. I was terrified . I have never taken a pain pill, never had surgery, had all my kid natural. The being put to sleep part was the scary thing for me.
I woke up in some pain. Not unbarable pain. I was given a pain pump I could use every 10 min with 800 mill of ibuprofen every 8 hrs. I used the pain pump 4 times the first night and 3 times the second. They sent me home with pain meds. I never took one of them. The ibuprofen every 8 hours was enough for me. I stopped that after 1 week. My belly still gets sore if I do to much walking... Mostly like a bruised feeling. I tire easily but I promise it was not as bad as I built it up to be in my mind.. Hang in there ladies. Please post back and let us know how it went.
If you have any other questions let me know I can only give you answers from my own experience .
Good luck ..
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:57 PM

My only advise is to drink lots n lots n lots of water and continue taking a stool
Softener....the first one or two bowel movements are the worst part of the whole experience, that and not knowing you did to much until its to late!
Unread 12-05-2011, 10:10 PM

I'm 7 days away and get to meet with my doc on Wednesday. I can and can't wait for this to be over. My list of questions is long and I even made a paper that says "I love my ovaries" so she will hopefully keep them in if they look good. I'm slowly getting a hospital bag with all the HysterSister suggestions. This website has been a Godsend. I hope to continue to use it before, during and after my Hyst. Now I'm just working on trying to sleep.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register