Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 01-Jul 07,2013 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 01-Jul 07,2013 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 01-Jul 07,2013

Unread 07-01-2013, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 01-Jul 07,2013

If your hysterectomy was between Jul 01-Jul 07,2013 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 01-Jul 07,2013

and to your Recovery Progress thread! You made it this far.

I am glad to have you here in a place where you can share updates on how your recovery is going. A safe place to share notes and compare progress.

I am here as a Research and Recovery Assistant. My goal is to give you a little of my experience but primarily to point you to resources on the site that may help answer your questions.

The good thing is you are not alone and you are not the only one recovering at this time.

First things to remember:

Walk a bit, not marathons but a few minutes here and there to prevent blood clots and get the intestines moving again.

Drink plenty of fluids to help you rehydrate and help keep things moving.

Pamper the Princess! Don't try to be superwoman give your body the time it needs to heal.

Sending you as you start your recovery journey.
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:35 AM

22 hours after surgery and I'm doing ok. I actually in more pain from my fibromyalgia than the surgery. The gas and bloated feeling is driving me a bit nuts too. But all in all I'm doing good so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2013, 11:39 AM

Had to share a happy moment. The cafeteria staff noted today was my birthday so they sent a 8" round cake with my lunch and had balloons and streamers printed on my placemat.
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExquisiteGrace View Post
Had to share a happy moment. The cafeteria staff noted today was my birthday so they sent a 8" round cake with my lunch and had balloons and streamers printed on my placemat.
Happy Birthday.
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:35 PM

Hi Hystersister,
I had my Robotic Surgery on Monday 7/1/2013 at 8:30am.
It has been twenty eight hours and I am experencing
moderate amount of pain and I only took pain medications three times but takes me sometime to urinate while sitting on the toilet and I have not had a bowel movement yet. I read it will take up two days to get a bowel movement back.
When I sit to long I start filling a little pressure in abdomen
area so I only sit for a few minutes. I think I am doing
good!!
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Had my laproscopic hysterectomy 7/1 was out of recovery at 4pm, Not having to take many pain pills, just having some pulling sensation where they removed fat and lymphnodes for testing on my left side.

Finding it takes a while to stand up, but all in all am doing pretty well. :-)
Unread 07-02-2013, 04:32 PM

ladies -

Just wanted to pop in and say "welcome" and good healing.

Now is the time to rest and recuperate.

Sending
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 01-Jul 07,2013

I had my surgery today. Whooo hooo :-) I was soooo nervous and sad going in.

My husband was amazing he is usually totally checked out with things like this but not today:-).

Upon arriving I had a great nurse told her I was nervous she had the doctor come in and he talked with me for a half an hour.he reasurred me I would be feeling so much better after it was all over....

I happened to be on my period ........ fun. The aniestieaologist came in and joked around with me and the next thing I knew I was in recovery.the doctor in to addition to removing via help laperoscopy my uterus and right ovary also removed large lessions of endomitriosis on my Bowels and colon....

I feel great my period stopped immediately my tummy is sore I three small insisions and I am tired but all in all I feel silly for making a huge deal about it. I have no weird feelings afterwards and its nothing like I thought it would be.....nothing

I am taking oxycodone for pain and ibprophaine800

they sent me home six hours after my surgery would hae gotten to come home sooner but my blood pressure was really low.
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:12 AM

Hi Post Op Sister!!
I think we all doing great after surgery!! We have so much support
from this web site!!, family and friends. Let keep lifting each other
up as we go through recovery. Lets continue to pray for the hystersister
who may be having differcult time dealing after surgery I know they
are out there!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register