Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 12-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Lotte - could you get in sooner to your gyno under the circumstances (discharge, tenderness, etc)? That is if you feel uncertain about your gp's opinion, or are uneasy about it. Best wished to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 11:15 AM

Hi everyone, I have only now discovered this thread. I had TVH 12 November. I am post-menopausal so much of what I read from some of my poor sisters does not apply. My heart goes out to you coping with kids too. I like Mae 76, live alone ( DgD stays part of the week with her dad my DS), and in the country, so have been very dependent on others. When I do go out for a social lunch or whatever I have to rest for about 2 days to get over it! I see the DR tomorrow for post op check. I am slightly worried as still have discharge and oops, big bleed with 2 BMs. Anyone else have this?
Unread 12-19-2007, 11:31 AM

Lotte, I am glad to hear your report didn't seem to worry GP. I wanted to say something the other night when I saw your post but was thinking you should get checked first. When I got home from the hospital I had some discharge on my right breast too. Not a lot, but everytime I went to take a shower for about 1 week it was there dried. I really figured that all my "woman parts" were just having coniptions (sp). It has since gone away. I did NOT have any lumps under my arm though. So hopefully you will get to the bottom of that. be well! jenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 04:44 PM

Dear Teecher adn Roserita,

Thank you for your supportive messages. I am very relieved that the breast scan showed nothing definite, but as it's inconclusive I am still getting that second opinion from the gyno. I did try to get to see him sooner, but he is away until January.

Roserita, have you spoken to your doctor about your symptoms with the discharge? I think you should, as a spontaneous breast discharge should always be investigated.

Erpie, you said you had 2 big bleeds, which sounds a bit unusual at this stage. I also still have a discharge but no more bleeds since about 3 weeks post-op. Just as well you're seeing the doctor tomorrow. I hope he/she can find out what the cause is.

Best wishes!
Unread 12-21-2007, 09:25 PM

I heard from the doctors office that my iron levels are low and I am to stay on the vitamins...Wednesday I tried to get my Christmas shopping done and must have overdone it because I suddenly got very dizzy and almost passed out in kohls! If you go shopping it is probably a good idea to locate where they have a chair to sit down. After resting and splashing cool water on my face I felt better. Rest! I am going to let my sons and daughter in law do the cooking for christmas.
Unread 12-21-2007, 09:41 PM

I went Christmas shopping for the first time on Wednesday too. I was wiped out and sat down and rested on the benches quite often. I hope you feel better soon. I am trying to walk about 2 miles most days now. My doctor said that my recovery would be much quicker if I did.

Try some over the counter Iron Pills, Iowa Woman and take Vit. C with it, so your body will be able to absorb the iron much better. Have you doctor check it every few weeks and see how much it has come up. You don't want to get your iron levels to high or that will also cause problems and those aren't reversible.
Unread 12-22-2007, 06:03 AM

It's a little over 5 weeks for me since my total hyster, A&P repair and Burch. My check up was fine and I'll be able to pick up my grandsons for Christmas. I go back in a month and except for a discharge which are the stitches dissolving and constipation, this was a piece of cake. I played golf 10 day post op, walked a few miles a day and drove after 6 days. I'll be startng a hormone patch as soon as I get the prescription filled and looked forward to no or minimal hot flashes. The last year I've spent taking care of myself with walking and losing 30 lbs. so I'm hoping all that helped out in my speedy recovery. I decided turning 60 was a new beginning. I live alone and am grateful I had the support of my family, especially my daughter, who stayed with me the first 4 days. I wish all of you a happy holiday and a very healthy new year. The only shock was getting the hospital and doctor bills which totalled close to $40,000. For 23 hrs. to charge close to $28,000 is absolutely nuts. My share of this is close to 10% but it is what it is. Life is still good. Best wishes to all!
Unread 12-22-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte M
Dear Teecher adn Roserita,

Thank you for your supportive messages. I am very relieved that the breast scan showed nothing definite, but as it's inconclusive I am still getting that second opinion from the gyno. I did try to get to see him sooner, but he is away until January.

Roserita, have you spoken to your doctor about your symptoms with the discharge? I think you should, as a spontaneous breast discharge should always be investigated.

Erpie, you said you had 2 big bleeds, which sounds a bit unusual at this stage. I also still have a discharge but no more bleeds since about 3 weeks post-op. Just as well you're seeing the doctor tomorrow. I hope he/she can find out what the cause is.

Best wishes!
hi everyone, had my check-up on Thursday. Had some 'granulation' he said and cauterised it then and there, so discharge should now stop, but he wants to see me again in 4 weeks. The bleeding he thought was from the bowel, as bright red and associated with BM. I was surprised. Been on the stool softeners since so things are better. It was a slightly mixed message I got: start living a normal life, but take it easy and gradually build up strength. Exercise so long as not high-impact. He said it will take 100 days to get to feel 100%. So I am a third of the way there. Re: Christmas shopping. Pick your store carefully and preferably one where there is a loo, a cafe and helpers to pack the bags. Then rest all afternoon!
Unread 12-23-2007, 03:23 PM

My Last Post -op was the 19th everything is healing as it should I was released to normal life I will be able to return to work as scheduled the end of the comming week. I hope everyone Has a wonderful Holiday
Unread 12-23-2007, 03:59 PM

I had my surgery on 11/15/07. I'm doing well, except I have some stitches that don't seem to be desolving. They just became noticeable, because my swelling has gone down quite a bit. I also go back to work on January 2nd, and I'm not sure if I'm ready because I get so tired after a busy day. I hope everyone has a great Christmas. I'm very grateful for all the information and support I've gotten from Hystersisters.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register