What kind of hospital floor did you stay in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What kind of hospital floor did you stay in What kind of hospital floor did you stay in

Unread 07-09-2013, 07:57 AM
What kind of hospital floor did you stay in

Did you all get post-surgical rooms, or did you stay in a specialized female section of the hospital? Sorry if I don't know too many acronyms, but I'm having a single port lap. one done tomorrow. I'm getting to that nervous /weepy stage right now, but I'm sure I'll feel much better once I come out at the other end of this. You ladies are wonderful here, and it makes me feel so much better that we have a forum for us to maybe just vent if that's all we want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Re: What kind of hospital floor did you stay in

I was in the maternity ward. Luckily it was not busy at all...I think just two moms and babes....and lots of nursing staff so that was nice. I think because the doctor performing the surgery is a gynecologist and they are dealing with "women parts" then we naturally get put in the maternity ward. If it would be too hard for you emotionally to be there you can ask your doctor to be placed elsewhere. Personally I didn't mind it at all and liked that it was not one of the more busy sections of the hospital.

I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow and I bet it will!! I remember being so stressed with worry the days leading up to my surgery. Its normal to feel the worry and sadness.....big hugs to you!
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:04 AM

Thanks Feebs.. No, it wouldn't be too hard for me to be in there at all.. I came to an acceptance to the end of my fertile years long ago. I'm actually looking forward to a new chapter in my life. I was actually hoping that's where they would place me; (better care) ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:53 AM

I asked when I registered with the hospital if it would be in the maternity ward, they said no. I guess it depends on the hospital.
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:54 AM

I had a private room in the oncology wing, probably because my surgeon was a gynocological oncologist. I did not know where I was until I started walking the ward the next day LOL. Best wishes on your surgery - you will do great! That waiting before the event is probably the hardest part.
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:13 AM

I was in maternity but away from all the babies so it was quiet.
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:09 PM

My hospital doesn't do births, so no maternity wing. I think I was on a surgical floor. I had a private room but I saw men in other rooms when I walked the halls. I hear many maternity floors play some sort of lullaby or chimes with every birth, so I'm glad I wasn't subjected to that. Otherwise, it might have been OK, in my case. For a younger woman it might be difficult.
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:03 PM

I was in the surgical suites, private room with only women on my floor. I couldn't have asked for a better nurse then the one I had, Bernadette.
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:25 PM
What kind of hospital floor did you stay in

I was in a private room in a surgical recovery ward. The nurses were very attentive. However, in the room next to mine was a infant who also had surgery. I felt very bad for him. Especially when I could hear him cry.
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:00 PM

I was in a private room in maternity. It was so nice.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register