My Christmas present for myself | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Christmas present for myself My Christmas present for myself

Unread 10-31-2008, 08:57 AM
My Christmas present for myself

So, I finally got a surgery date today... December 16th. I was hoping I'd be feeling pretty good by Christmas, but that's not looking too likely.

I will be getting a LSH. I probably won't be up for traveling on a 3 hour car ride 1 week after surgery, right? I guess my out of state family will have to see me on another holiday this year.

I'm going to try and stay positive and view my surgery as a gift to myself. Quality of life, here I come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2008, 09:05 AM

Hi
I am now 12 weeks post op. I had a TAH - I would not have wanted to ride 3 hours a week post op but with the procedure you're having - I'm not sure. Others that have had it probably will give you some input.

But I will tell you that my quality of life is much improved. I haven't felt this good in years. Just be sure to get Christmas shopping and such done prior to your surgery - then lay back and enjoy the holdays.
Unread 10-31-2008, 09:12 AM

Good luck to you and your not alone. I am scheduled for TAH w/ sacral colpopexy on Dec 16th. I really wanted to do it earlier so I'd feel better for x-mas too. I really just want to see my son open his stuff from santa and I'm sure I'll enjoy that no matter how much pain I'm in, lol. Luckily for me I don't have to travel but I won't be going to my sister's for dinner even though she's blocks away. I'll probably enjoy everyone going over there and giving me so quiet sleep time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2008, 10:15 AM

Lucille and Krazykatt...I'm scheduled for the 16th too!!! And I am also worried about how I'll feel at Christmas!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Unread 10-31-2008, 10:28 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Let's all stay positive together. (hugs)
Unread 10-31-2008, 11:21 AM

Yes HUGS!!!!!
Unread 10-31-2008, 11:24 AM

you'll probably be feeling good by christmas with the lsh. your incisions will be very small and no incision or stitches in the vagina since youre keeping your cervix. i had a 2 hour car ride home from the hospital and it was fine. you might be surprised how good you feel. you'll have to wait and see but keep positive
Unread 10-31-2008, 11:30 AM

A healthy body is one of the best gifts you can give yourself! An early "Merry Christmas" to you!
Unread 11-02-2008, 07:57 AM

I had a LSH a week ago and I am back to doing everything I was doing before hand - except jogging. Good luck! What a great gift to yourself!

Angel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register