? about Premarin vag cream | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

? about Premarin vag cream ? about Premarin vag cream

Unread 01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
? about Premarin vag cream

Hi Ladies!

I had a question regarding Premarin cream and thought someone here might be able to answer.
I am 12 weeks post op from TVH, and went back to doc last week as I was having some bleeding/discharge issues still. Upon exam they found granulation and treated with silver nitrate. I was also given a script for Premarin vaginal cream, 1gm per night for 2 weeks, to help things heal.
My question is, does this type of estrogen cause a hormone surge or anything? The PA who saw me said it wouldn't be absorbed into my system, but that wonderful patient info leaflet made it seem as though it does. I have been using it for about a week, and now have broken out with acne like I was 16! Also some bloating, tingly breasts. I suppose it could be from my theoretical "that time of the month", but it hasn't been this bad the past couple of months.
Any insight sisters?
Thanks bunches!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 01:27 PM

Hi Java Jane!

There are some women who do experience a systemic effect from vaginal estrogen. I haven't had it happen myself with either Vagifem or compounded estriol cream, the two types of vaginal estrogens I have used. However, those two aren't as strong as the Premarin vaginal cream so that may make a difference.

Hopefully two weeks will be enough to get you healed well and you'll be able to stop using it. Let your doctor know about the discomfort you are experiencing, okay?

s
Unread 01-08-2008, 06:33 PM

I was also given Premarin to promote healing. I haven't noticed any side effects really. I'm glad to hear someone else was prescribed this for the same reason. I posted a new thread about this a week or so ago and didn't get much response. My doc didn't say anything about granulation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register