Anyone Else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Anyone Else?

I am 5 wks 3 days op for TAH. I also had a cysts cut from one of my ovaries, my bladder and uterus were stuck together with adhesions from c-section, and the dr also cut away all the old scar tissue from c-section at scar site, above, and below.

My worse pain is not at the scar site, it's the area of my stomach between belly button and incision site. It is so sore that I can't stand for anything to touch it because it feels like pushing on bruises. The pain is horrible when anything touches it.... even the wind blowing my shirt. Also that's what hurts when I bend over.

I just wondered if anyone else had the pain there and how long does it take for it to go away? I don't know if it's from having the old scar tissue removed or just from the surgery.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Anyone Else?

Hi Carla. I also have quite a bit of soreness between my belly button and my incision. My doctor says it's because of a hematoma that I have. I wear a binder so that my clothes don't rub on it and so that it doesn't move when I walk.

The hematoma is dissolving, but, my stomach is still sore and it is still bruised, even at 6 weeks post-op. The nerves are just starting to wake up in that area, too.

~Roxanne~
Unread 06-03-2004, 10:46 AM
anyone else

I am also 5 weeks 2 days post op. My pain is not at the incision site either, rather just like you - from above the incinision to the belly button. I'm not as tender as you - only when I touch it or something presses against it. I also have a raised area above the incinsion site about an inch wide and the length of the incinsion. I think that is causing the tenderness. I asked the OB/GYN about it and he said it is fluid and they will massage it out at my 6 week check. Seems like my tummy will never feel normal again.
Unread 06-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Anyone Else?

I also have this same pain. I had a bikini line incision and like you the area between the incision and belly button is super sensitive. I can touch it push on it a bit but cannot handle anything brushing against my tummy. I also have a hematoma on my incision which is slowly going away. My worst area is my right side but that is also where the hematoma is. It does seem to be getting better slowly.
Unread 06-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Anyone Else?

If you look on pelvic floor.com you will see the spreader they use duiring surgery- it is in the area where you feel the pain. I had a bruise- when my dr saw it she was shocked! I t was HUGE!!!!! and covered the whole area between my belly button and the incision. She said it was from the spreader. I am still numb in that area and she said the numbness takes about one year to go away ( and sometimes it never goes away- but I am hoping for the one year!!)
If we saw the things they do during the surgery, maybe more of our aches and pains would make sense!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register