Last Period - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-25-2002, 05:38 AM
Last Period

Hey DonnaFay - maybe the rain can be looked at as a cleansing??? We have sunshine here today!! So maybe its a sign! The sunshine after the rain!!!

Harriet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 07:08 AM
All about me!

DonnaFay,

Your bet your booties I'm working on the tan - LOL. It's all about me. I am the Princess afterall and I will be pampered. And soon, it will be good to be the Queen!

Jo
Unread 04-25-2002, 08:47 AM
Know what you mean

I wanted to get a bit of a tan too and I was also thinking about having my legs waxed the day before surgery... like the surgery crew is really going to care... but.. us women.. we are funny creatures aren't we?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 09:05 AM
primping

Now what would be really great is if they put you out and then waxed your legs!

I have already scheduled my nail appointment. I'm not going to like having two nails with no polish but oh well. Do you think I could have a french done? They only don't want color so they see you nail beds.

And the hair has been moved up a week. I know it will only be 3 weeks but by the time I can actually go get it done, I'd be at 7 weeks and that NEVER happens.

Bought the robe, looking for pillows and night gowns. Do I really have to wear a gown. Did anyone wear PJ's?

Jo
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:11 AM
PJ's

The only thing about PJ's is they have to be really loose around your tummy... I went to Target and found a great loose nightie that is just above my knees so it is easy to get in and out of bed. I also got some draw string pj bottoms for at home... so those might work.. gee.. such a bummer to have to go shopping for stuff... (woo-hoo any reason to go shopping is a good one!!)

I am also having a pedicure before surgery (last surgery had purple toes) because you gotta have pretty toes! I was also thinking I need my hair cut and colored... hey.. a girl has got to look her best when she is looking her worst!! LOL!
Unread 04-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Last Period

Hey Jo, I had a french manicure done before I had my last D&C & laproscope. I really liked the way my nails looked - very chic! I plan to have another one done before my visit to the castle on 5/8 and also get my toes done. Someone told me you can get a french manicure on your toes too!!!LoL - Like they are going to notice!. I am going tohave my dauther french braid my hair for me-that way I won't have to worry about it being all over my head!! I am on vacation next week and plan to go shopping for pillows-gowns and other stuff!! Good luck with your beauty regimine!!!(smile)
Unread 04-25-2002, 10:04 AM
girly girls

Hmm, might have to go ahead and do the toes too. I'm not scheduled to have that done until the week after the hyst. I can probably wait though.

I get my hair and nails done regularly but for some reason even though I'm not a girly girl type I'm feeling the need to be a little extra pretty. Oops, better add a brow wax to the list. I can't stand to get a unibrow.

Jo
Unread 04-25-2002, 10:24 AM
girly girl

Oh I am so Not a girly girl.. but I am SOOOO into pampering because I work da** hard and deserve some papering!

I am a sweats, jeans and t-shirt person.. but I love massages, and pedicures.. and my hair.. well.. If I don't get it colored every month.. yikes.. I look 60 instead of 30!! (premature grey thanks to dear old mom.. started greying at 18)

You know the thing I love the most about a pedicure... is the place I go massages my legs and ankles and feet for like 15 minutes... I LOVE THAT!
Unread 04-25-2002, 08:37 PM
Last Period

well girlie girls..
I think anything we can do to make ourselves feel better is worth any money or effort.

I do hair and nails........... so you can bet my grey is covered etc.

Pedicure is only a week old........ trying to figure out time to get another the day before surgery........... cuz who knows when I will get another one?

I did buy new jammie type short sets, robe, grown... whats up with that? I hate shopping! OH yes and big grannie panties.. lol

take care
xo DonnaFay
Unread 04-26-2002, 05:54 AM
Yippee

Okay, I had to put something in the subject!!!

I thought I was going crazy, or at best, sadistic.

I went out last week, and bought a nightgown, robe, and this perfume I have wanted for a long time, but didn't buy because it is expensive. I plan on having a manicure, pedicure before I go to the Castle. Haven't thought of the tan, but that sounds good.

I am so relieved that I am not alone. I figure that this surgery is going to be emotional enough, I might as well hold on to whatever femininity that I have.

Hey Ladies, Take Care and God Bless!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register