Possible bladder prolapse 3 yr after LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Possible bladder prolapse 3 yr after LAVH Possible bladder prolapse 3 yr after LAVH

Unread 11-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Possible bladder prolapse 3 yr after LAVH

Hi everyone,
I don’t know if this is the right place for this question or not. In Dec it will have been 3 years since my LAVH (ovaries, uterus and cervix removed). Ever since my hysterectomy I’ve had very minor urine leakage when sneezing or coughing. But in the last 6-9 months I’ve had bladder pressure and pain (like UTI but without burning when peeing and lab confirmed no infections) leaking larger amounts of urine just when walking, peritoneum pain, pain with sex high up inside. I met with my urologist today because I have kidney stones in both kidneys and a complex cyst in my left kidney. When discussing these issues and mentioning I’ve had a hysterectomy she immediately said she was sending me to see a urogynocologist. The appt right now isn’t until Jan 8 but I am on a list in case they get some cancelations.
I was just wondering if anyone else Here has experienced this and what your symptoms might have been. She asked if I could feel a bulge in my vaginal cavity and frankly I haven’t even tried to see....I guess I’ll be doing that tonight! If there is it’s got to be pretty minor and just high up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Re: Possible bladder prolapse 3 yr after LAVH

I've moved your thread here to the Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues message board where you'll have the best chance of connecting with members who can share their thoughts and experiences.

While you wait for replies, you may find it helpful to browse in the Pelvic Floor Articles resource.

Unread 11-06-2020, 10:59 AM

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2020, 11:01 AM

You are so welcome!
Unread 11-10-2020, 05:20 PM

About a year after my hysterectomy I started having frequent UTIs and bladder pain. My urologist diagnosed it as Interstitial Cystitis. I basically feel like I have a uti most of the time. Diet and medication helps some, but I am always "aware" of it.
If it turns out you do not have a prolapse I would recommend you get a cytoscopy from your urologist. It isn't fun but it's quick and will show if you have ulcerations or inflammation. My doctor basically describes my bladder as looking like a bloodshot eyeball.
Hopefully you can get it figured out and fixed. I also have kidney stones in both kidneys but urologist isn't that concerned unless I start to pass them (I've done it once and its like the worst uti you can imagine!)
Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyfor3 View Post
Hi everyone,
I don’t know if this is the right place for this question or not. In Dec it will have been 3 years since my LAVH (ovaries, uterus and cervix removed). Ever since my hysterectomy I’ve had very minor urine leakage when sneezing or coughing. But in the last 6-9 months I’ve had bladder pressure and pain (like UTI but without burning when peeing and lab confirmed no infections) leaking larger amounts of urine just when walking, peritoneum pain, pain with sex high up inside. I met with my urologist today because I have kidney stones in both kidneys and a complex cyst in my left kidney. When discussing these issues and mentioning I’ve had a hysterectomy she immediately said she was sending me to see a urogynocologist. The appt right now isn’t until Jan 8 but I am on a list in case they get some cancelations.
I was just wondering if anyone else Here has experienced this and what your symptoms might have been. She asked if I could feel a bulge in my vaginal cavity and frankly I haven’t even tried to see....I guess I’ll be doing that tonight! If there is it’s got to be pretty minor and just high up there.
Unread 11-10-2020, 07:36 PM

I would encourage you to see a pelvic floor physical therapist. I was told I had interstitial cystitis. It took me 15 years to learn that it was a dysfunctional pelvic floor. PT made it so much better; the medicine for IC did nothing to alleviate my symptoms.

P.
Unread 11-10-2020, 10:08 PM

Hi, Nannyfor3 ~ I would totally agree with Scout about seeing a pelvic floor therapist as soon as you are able and even before seeing the urogynecologist if possible. Being evaluated by a trained, female PFT is so important after having a hysterectomy because prolapse is more likely for some women (like me) post-surgery. A PFT will be able to tell you more about whether and to what degree prolapse is present and also whether your pelvic floor muscles are weak/too relaxed or if they are too tense - either of these conditions can lead to prolapse issues or allow them to worsen if not addressed. Doing the exercises your therapist teaches you will help to strengthen the muscles that hold up the pelvic floor and bladder/rectal areas. Some urogynecologists may say there is no other option than surgery, but that's just not true. Pelvic floor therapy along with possibly being fitted for and using a pessary can give enough support that surgery may not be necessary.

I feel that it is best to try less-invasive things that may work well first, especially since prolapse repair surgeries don't have a 100% success rate. It isn't uncommon for repeated surgery to be needed, and side effects of the surgery are possible as is true in any operative procedure.. I would definitely suggest doing some research on that as well as the PFT and pessary options so you can make personal, informed decisions along the way. If you would like to hear more about what pelvic floor therapy is like and actually see some of the prolapse-safe exercises being done, you might want to search Michelle Kenway - she is based in Australia but has a website with a lot of free videos and info for starters. Her heart is to help women who may be unable to access PFT services in their area. But that said, being evaluated personally by a PFT and learning what is best for you would be a good first step and help you to better evaluate what the urogyn offers as options. Praying that you find answers and receive good care soon
Unread 01-12-2021, 12:45 AM

I'm having the exact same issues as you are. Its been 2 years for me since my LAVH. Wondering if heavy lifting or weak abdominal muscles can trigger this? And what is the solution to stop it from progressing?
Unread 01-16-2021, 06:42 PM

I am with you, setting up appt this week feel pressure and noticed belly itching a lot in that area low grade fevers. Having intercourse gives me so much pain it’s unbearable. Feels like I am swollen. Have had a leaky bladder since surgery. And tried everything that I could. At a loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlann View Post
I'm having the exact same issues as you are. Its been 2 years for me since my LAVH. Wondering if heavy lifting or weak abdominal muscles can trigger this? And what is the solution to stop it from progressing?
Unread 01-30-2021, 11:17 PM

I am feeling the EXACT same way! I was scared I had a tumor or something. Have you been to the Dr.? I had no what type of Dr. to call until I read this. I have some questions for you..
- Are you on Hormone supplements?
- Do you exercise?
- Do you walk around a lot?
I’m just trying to figure out why mine might be doing this.
Thank you for posting!!

QUOTE=Nannyfor3;1527796023]Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone else Here has experienced this and what your symptoms might have been. She asked if I could feel a bulge in my vaginal cavity and frankly I haven’t even tried to see....I guess I’ll be doing that tonight! If there is it’s got to be pretty minor and just high up there.[/quote]

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register