Anyone still using femring? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone still using femring? Anyone still using femring?

Unread 01-17-2021, 09:47 AM
Anyone still using femring?

Is anyone still taking femring? The search function on here isn't as helpful as it used to be only a handful of results come up (and I know there are more, I've seen them previously).

My dr is baffled by me. I am still having lots of hairloss all over and now in the back too, worse with any slow titered increase in estrogen, worse on vivelle patch vs other methods and seems to lighten up a lot when I go off estrogen altogether for a few weeks but I feel best on vivelle so she said I need try her "new system" (pellets!!) (ugh). She said alternatively we could try femring and spiro. (I'm undecided on spiro my t and dht levels are ok).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2021, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba77co View Post
Is anyone still taking femring? The search function on here isn't as helpful as it used to be only a handful of results come up (and I know there are more, I've seen them previously).

My dr is baffled by me. I am still having lots of hairloss all over and now in the back too, worse with any slow titered increase in estrogen, worse on vivelle patch vs other methods and seems to lighten up a lot when I go off estrogen altogether for a few weeks but I feel best on vivelle so she said I need try her "new system" (pellets!!) (ugh). She said alternatively we could try femring and spiro. (I'm undecided on spiro my t and dht levels are ok).
I have tried femring but did not give me enough estrogen..I have better luck with 2 estradiol patches..was on vivelle dot for years but insurance stopped paying, so I'm using mylan brand and biotin and viviscal and collegen powder for hairloss
Unread 01-19-2021, 03:17 PM
Re: Anyone still using femring?

I recently used Femring. I liked it but it would run out way to soon. I used a coupon plus my insurance and they wouldn't let me get one early (script was for every 3 months.) My Dr said she could write it for every 2 months but honestly even with that it only lasts approximately 6 weeks. I did have some of my usual side effects too. It is easy and convienient to use though. BTW..Once I removed it I has terrible bladder and urethra problems. I think my body got used to the constant estrogen right there in the vagina and so close to the bladder that when removed my body had estrogen withdrawals. I had to get a prescription for vaginal estrogen to help with the symptoms.(feeling like I was getting a UTI and always having bladder pressure etc.) I never had to do that before. In fact I have been using HRT for 20 years and I always have some sort of symptom/side effect..I have just gotten so tired of dealing with it and I have decided to try to tapper off HRT and see how it goes..Good luck finding what works best for you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2021, 10:04 AM

sweet peas, thanks, I had read that-it sounds like femring runs out pretty quickly and is $$$ expensive to use more frequently, sigh. I love the vivelle (aside from the hair thing) and had tried the mylan and just didn't feel the same on it and started having very dark days that lasted months and went away within a day on vivelle but I have found tons of threads on here where many ladies did just fine on both mylan and the sandoz, shrug, I wish you good luck on it I've been reading about the vivscal and nutrafol vitamins, may give those a try along w/the vivelle since it seems to be the only form that keeps me sane (although the hair thing can be a tipping point of sanity, sigh).

Love and Light, thank you- I am feeling like I'm in the same boat, I went off estrogen for two weeks and all my side affects that every dr I have talked to said "couldn't be related to estrogen" subsided... but then came the migraines, dizziness and aches and pains in my bones that I have come to know are from low e, so I worried about damaging my bones and heart so I went back on estrogen patches. That is very interesting about your bladder and nether regions, but it does kind of make sense that your body maybe got used to having e directly there and then needed it post femring.

If I can find a pharmacy that will fill it, I may give it a spin.
Unread 01-23-2021, 02:17 AM

I don't use the Femring. That's actually the only thing I haven't tried. I've done all the rest. But I wanted to mention something on your hair loss. How often do you switch your HRT? I used to change my methods often thinking they weren't working. I found that if I switch my estrogen replacement method my hair sheds a bit. For example I was on the injections and just about ready to quit at 2 months and try something else and all of a sudden everything settled down. Just wondering if you're giving it like 3 months to settle before moving onto something else. I think the shock of change can mess with our hair too.
Unread 01-25-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaDot*Mocha View Post
I don't use the Femring. That's actually the only thing I haven't tried. I've done all the rest. But I wanted to mention something on your hair loss. How often do you switch your HRT? I used to change my methods often thinking they weren't working. I found that if I switch my estrogen replacement method my hair sheds a bit. For example I was on the injections and just about ready to quit at 2 months and try something else and all of a sudden everything settled down. Just wondering if you're giving it like 3 months to settle before moving onto something else. I think the shock of change can mess with our hair too.
Good question. Sometimes a year, sometimes 3 months, I try for min of 6 weeks but usually I try to give it longer. I think I did once less than that because it was clear it was getting worse and not better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register