Any One else from Oklahoma? - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Oklahoma

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any One else from Oklahoma? Any One else from Oklahoma?

Unread 10-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Any One else from Oklahoma?

I will be at the MWC hospital. My dr is associated with Rennaisance, but why it's not going to be there, I don't know. What's your surgery date?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 01:24 PM

I always thought that they did the female stuff there instead of the hospital but I do know that when my sister had an emergency surgery for a tubal pregnancy they did it at Midwest City Hospital. My hysterectomy is scheduled for December 26.
Unread 10-01-2007, 01:28 PM

That is what I thought too. I was a bit excited thinking it would be there because the place is new and nice. I haven't exactly heard great stories about the MWC hosp.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2007, 08:50 PM

I think it depends on who your doctor is. How long have you been seeing your doctor? I would make sure it is someone you trust.
Unread 10-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Im from Jackson County and I am having my surgery in November and I have some questions and concerns....1st they are leaving my ovaries, will I still have the weight gain people are always talking about and will my sex drive go down or cease?..
Unread 10-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Greetings Rhondakr

What day in Nov? Mine is the 26. I haven't read much about weight gain. Guess I need to research more about that. I would think once it's all over and you're healed, you could lose weight better than ever. I have hurt so bad for so long that I don't WANT to exercise. Sometimes I can't even bend over to tie my shoes.
Unread 10-11-2007, 01:20 PM

Mine is on the 15th. I am hoping I don't gain weight and I hurt all the time too, I think I have just gotten so use to hurting that I didn't realize how bad it was really bothering me. I will be glad to be done with the heavy periods.
Unread 10-11-2007, 01:31 PM

Me too. I had an ablation 2 yrs ago, so I don't have a horrible flow now, but the pain is excruciating. It lays me up at least 3-4 days. The fatique is unreal. It's like flipping a light switch on/off. Once Aunt Flow is gone, my energy comes right back.
Unread 10-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Close to Stillwater

Hello fellow Okies- Hope the best for everyone. This site is amazingly helpful. Just wish I'd looked at it before the hyst.
Just wanted to suggest something to read while recuping:
Dreams of Ada and The Innocent Man by John Grisham. I read The Innocent Man while recuping(has nothing to do with hysters but it does help you feel like you don't have things so bad after all). It's true, happened in Ada, OK and now knowing, I feel a responsibility to let others know. John Grisham wrote: The Runaway Jury, The Firm, The Client, The Pelican Brief, among others so you know it's good.
Unread 10-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I am in LeFlore Co. Oklahoma

Hello. I live in Poteau. In LeFlore Co. Oklahoma.

I had my surgery 8 years ago when I was 25

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register