CT Sisters, Where are you? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters in the United States of America > Connecticut

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CT Sisters, Where are you? CT Sisters, Where are you?

Unread 04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
CT Sisters, Where are you?

Hey everyone, I'm just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I still want to get together with all of our CT Sisters, so let me know if anyone wants to too, that includes all of us who have been around for a while and those new to this forum; the more the better.
Hugs,
Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 05:35 PM
New to the site

Hi Toni-I am new to the site. It was great to see another person from CT. on the site. I am 7 weeks post op. It has been quite the journey so far. I am looking forward to talking with other members. There is so much that happens to us. It's nice to know there is a place where our questions can be answered.
Unread 04-11-2008, 07:59 PM

Hi Debbie,
Gee you aren't far from me and we are both in the medical field. Well me sort of, I am a nursing student. OMG I just realized something, you had your hysterectomy on my husband's birthday. LOL And now that I made a fool of myself as usual, let me tell you about some of us. Let's see, their is me, the big mouth Italian in the group, I had my hysterectomy 4 years and 5 months ago yesterday. I have 5 kids, dogs, cats, ferrets, so I love animals, knitting, crocheting, cooking and the health care field. Then their is Diane, she is very talented with plants and arrangements. She has a son and 4 beautiful granddaughters. Christine is a nurse and is head of nursing at a private school in Simsbury. Val is in real estate. Then there is Kelly, she is so cool and we can't wait to meet her and the rest of our new sisters. I would list them all, but I have to do my pre-clinical paperwork for tomarrow morning. I have to be up in Agawam, MA for 7. Tell you what, if you want to get in touch with me look for me on AOL Instant Messenger or Yahoo Messenger and this way we can compare our surgeries and you can ask anythng you like. Also if you want to get together with the gang, let me know I want to get everyone together.
I look forward to talking to you soon.
Hugs,
Toni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2008, 06:39 AM

Good morning Toni-thanks for answering so quickly. Let me tell you a little about me. I am 48 and single. I still live with my father. I think this has been harder on him since he is so used to me taking care of things. I have one sister who is married and lives close by. They have 2 boys, ages 13 and 11. My life revolves around them. They are into sports so I am constantly attending their games. Baseball is their favorite. I am an x-ray tech and have been for 28 1/2 years. It sounds like fun to get together. I am sure everyone has a story. I can't believe how many people in the medical field there are that have had this done. I think everyone of my nurses had a hysterectomy!! LOL I can't believe how long it is taking to get back to normal (whatever that is). Keep me posted. Maybe if you can get everyone together I will be able to join you. Good luck with your nursing. Talk to you soon.
Debbie
Unread 04-12-2008, 03:02 PM

Debbie,
We can't give specific hospitals and doctors, but I would love to share with you and compare facilities between CT and MA, you will be so shocked how different things are done. I think the differences keep me on my toes much more than those students who live in the Springfield area. I look forward to going to clinical, even though it is on a Saturday morning; we shall see how I feel next semester when I have to do a 12 hour shift at the hospital.
As for us getting together, I am thinking one Saturday after finals are over. Right now I have 2 papers to do this week, a nursing test on Wednesday, and then 2 cumulative finals the first week of May. I have to take Spanish for Health Professions starting the end of May until the last week in June, but that is only 2 days a week and will be a piece of cake, I hope. LOL In the mean time if you want to get together for coffee one day, just e-mail me (IM, whatever) and we can meet up at a Dunkin or wherever.
Right now I have to run, I need some downtime with my 2 younger sons, who are 12 and 9. LOL The Yankee game is on and Derek has to watch his namesake, Derek Jeter. LOL 9 YEAR OLDS LOL
Hugs,
Toni
Unread 04-12-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgxr20
It's nice to know there is a place where our questions can be answered.
Hi and welcome to Hystersisters. Unfortunately, the Connecticut forum isn't the place to get answers to your hysterectomy questions We ask that questions pertaining to your surgery and recovery be posted on our main forums, and in your case that would be our Post Op forum.

The Connecticut forum and other neighborhood forums are for social chit chat and not hyst support. It's a place to make friends in your own geographical area. Posting hyst questions here will limit your support to the few Connecticut ladies who post here, while posting on our main forums means that all post op ladies will be able to view and/or respond to your questions.

Thanks for understanding.
Unread 05-01-2008, 03:26 PM

Hi everyone,

just wanted to stop in to say hi. I havent' logged in in a while. My 2year hysterversary is tomorrow. I'm doing great. How are all of you?
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:10 PM

Brenda-happy hysterversay. Glad to hear you are doing great. How long did it take for you post surgery to really feel normal again? I am 10-11 weeks out and still having pain/discomfort, swelling and now have been having what feels like menstrual cramps. I am getting so frustrated. Do you have any advice for me? I appreciate anything you could possible relate to. Thank you so much. Have good day.
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:24 PM

BRENDA, WELCOME BACK WE MISSED YOU. Let us know what you have been up to. HAPPY HYSTERVERSARY. I AM TOOTING MY HORN FOR YOU.
Debbie, what you are going through is normal. Remember it takes a good year to heal completely, you did have a major organ removed. Just take it slow.
Hugs,
Toni
Unread 05-01-2008, 07:25 PM

Debbie, It took me a good year to even start to feel a little normal again. I think the hardest thing for me was being extremely tired after doing the littlest things. But slowly I have been able to get back to somewhat feeling better. I'm back to keeping up with my family, working full-time and Country dancing. Even now, there are days when I just get so tired that I need to slow down. One thing in the beginning that I kept in the back of mind was that I didnt want to pull something or hurt myself and prolong my recovery, so that was my motivation to rest and take it easy. My thoughts for you, is take it slow. REST REST REST, you'll be glad you did. Try not to get frustrated. In a few more months you'll be feeling better.

Toni, I have been so busy with working my full- time job and starting my new part-time business as well as keeping up with the kids. I am really hoping the part time job takes off so I can be home more with my family. I can't believe it's two years already. Things are definately better for me now. How are you and what have you been up to?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register