Anyone in North East England? (Sept 2001) - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Neighborhoods > HysterSisters Around the World > Europe

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone in North East England? (Sept 2001) Anyone in North East England? (Sept 2001)

Unread 11-09-2001, 03:17 AM
Anyone in North East England? (Sept 2001)

Hi Everyone

Leigh - I am wishing you all the luck in the World. I am sure everything will be OK. I used to live about 10 mins walk from Maidstone hospital and it has got a good reputation and the staff are nice - and my daughter said the food was ok as well. (I used to live about 10 minutes walk from there). My Mum was in Maidstone hospital for several months after having a stroke while at a birthday party at my house so we got to know it quite well and my daughter was in there with suspected appendicitus.

Mortisa - poor you! How awful that you don't want to go back. how much longer do you think you can have off? Is it the actual job you don't like or is it working altogether? For me, it was working altogether, but I am hoping that will change when we move. We had a couple of months when I was the major earner in our relationship and both DH and I found it very difficult, so you have my total admiration for having made it work so far.

Where did everyone else go??? If you are reading this Gina, Julie, Lou and the others then let us know you are OK. I am still in touch with Lynn and she is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2001, 03:31 AM

Hi there,

Sarah,

The job is fine and everyone if being extra nice so I shouldnt complain - but its the working I hate - I have a real problem with spending all the time 'at work' for what - just to pay the bills - but once I get back it will be fine. I'm going back on monday only for a couple of hours - as consultant said I need to start really gently - so now seems as good as time as any. I could have probably got another sick note for a couple of weeks but at this rate I will never go back!!!

Leigh - you are everybodys thoughts It will be fine HONEST
Unread 11-09-2001, 01:51 PM

Hello everybody, I hadn`t gone away, just too tired to post a reply last night!

Thank you Brenda for the shopping tips. I don`t know if I`ll actually venture out of Southampton with DD. I`ve told her we`ll do shopping as long as I get lots of rest for coffee breaks and refueling( energywize). I have M S so have to listen to when my body says it`s getting tired, but o.k. if I don`t overdo things_ won`t be easy with all those lovely shops to visit!! We don`t have much choice over here-AAWWWW, but you can`t have everything eh? I`ll wave as we fly over!

Mortisa!!!!!!, That`s amazing- not only have you heard of the C.I. but youv`e actually worked in them!!When did you work in Guernsey, and what did you do (if you don`t mind me asking) You never know, some of your old work colleagues may be friends of mine- nowTHAT would be SPOOKY!!

Sarah, that was very brave of you to stop working- sometimes having a bit extra money is just not worth the hastle or the stress it puts on people. I gave up work when I was due to have our first child- DDno.1, and haven`t returned since. This was because we continued to expand our family and now have 3 DDs and 2 DSs. Of course now there won`t be any more- the multiple births were the cause of the prolapse. I think 5 plenty!! and I`d never get all the laundry, shopping, cooking etc. done if I went out to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2001, 01:57 PM

It`s me again, I got to the end of the "page" and don`t know how to keep going so had to submit reply and start again!!

Leigh, I`m SOOO pleased you got here!! We will all be thinking of you in the castle . You will be FINE. The waiting was the worst part for me, the actual TVH and POST REPAIR was not as bad as I`d imagined, plenty of pain relief was available , the staff were very kind and I slept soooo much that I was never awake long enough to get bored. Just take things VERY EASY and keep us informed of your progress. I`ll be praying for you too if you don`t mind.

Must go. DH is trying to mend the front door and needs my help!!, God bless, Gina
Unread 11-09-2001, 05:11 PM

Hi everyone,

Gigsi - It was a long time ago working in one of the pubs and hotels cant remember any of the names it was in the early eightys 82,83 I loved it there and would like to have stayed but things didnt work out that way.

On a separate note I am half way though the second harry potter book and am planning to make lemon meringue pie tomorrow - I have acquired a really sweet tooth since surgery - was always a lot more savoury before - but hey this is just a group of bizarre symptoms I seem to have aquired ( nothing serious I am pleased to add)
I have really got back into this cooking thing recently i am really enjoying it that and emailing and hystersister site
It has stopped me cracking up on several occasions.

Oh well its late should think about going to bed. Speak to you tomorrow
Unread 11-10-2001, 01:39 AM

Leigh

Just a quick note to wish you luck - will be thinking of you on Sunday and sending healing thoughts.

Hi everyone - will send longer message tomorrow - off out for a walk today with friends - beautiful day again - cold but bright blue sky and sun.
Unread 11-10-2001, 02:55 AM

Hi everyone

They said yesterday tht they won't operate until Monday but I still have to go in on Sunday, I hate the thought of being there overnight, alone and waiting for this thing, I could do that at home just as effectively.

My Gyn says she doesn't know whether they are going to do the op viagainally or abdominally, she will wait until am under and assess it from there. So until I wake up I won't know what sort of scaring I will have. She also said that she is taking my cervix, I am a bit upset about that but she says that it is forthe best.

Yes, Maidstone Hospital does have a good reputation, I have been there several times before, I had my kids there. Although I have to be honest, when I had my son there 18 months ago, they made a few 'mistakes' and I am now suing them for medical negligece. That is the reason I am having this hyst in the first place. I was very shocked because it has been such a great hospital in the past. It does make me nervous about being there again for this surgery but I have a different consultant and she is very good. I trust her, but I guess there will always be a little doubt there somewhere. I will just be glad when all of this is over and the only time I have to go to hospital is when I visit someone else!!!!!!

OK, going to go, getting hungry now thinking about that meringue pie ~~~~save some for me!

Take care
Unread 11-10-2001, 04:40 AM

Hi leigh,

I'd send you some pie in the post - it may get a bit squased but it hasnt got to travel very fare.

Will keep in touch with more harry potter updates and menus - just to cheer you up post op - take care
Unread 11-10-2001, 04:46 AM

Sorry about the spelling in that one girls
brain fog is taking over

Unread 11-10-2001, 02:21 PM

Hello everyone, especially Leigh- we are all thinking of you and are always just a computer away! Perhaps they will give you a pre med tomorrow eening to help calm your nerves and send you to sleep peacefully. I went into hospital the day before my surgery too and felt really ok `cos they gave me some med to relax me, plus some more the following morning. I went off to theatre telling the nurses we were having a party, and that`s all I remember about that BIG DAY! I spent the evening watching telly and eating lots of fruit. I`d taken loads in with me but was told I`d better NOT eat it after the op. because it would give me wind, and the wind pains can be worse than the op.!!!SO, I pigged out on strawberries, bananas and grapes all evening and then didn`t touch anything which could induce wind for days after!!!Eat as much as you can now- they starve you after the op. Then when you want food they let you have hot bovril and jelly- not together!!!-well that`s what they do over here, it may be like the Ritz in Maidstone!!. I wore my new nightshirt to cheer me up- when I came round I had on my support socks, my morphine pump, a drip , an oxygen mask,and a catheter, and emblazoned across my new nightshirt in bright glittery pink were 2 lips, 2 kisses and the moto- " it`s tough to look this sexy!"The nurses liked it anyway!( bought it from BHS when in Coventry in summer- no BHS over here!). Have a good weekend everyone, bedtime now, love Gina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register