last period before hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

last period before hysterectomy last period before hysterectomy

Unread 04-22-2016, 03:24 AM
last period before hysterectomy

my last one has arrived tonight, and it is remindng me of WHY i am having the hysterectomy done.

The cramps are already starting, i feel really lethargic, and my appetite is ferocious- which is bad as i am supposed to be on a diet. and the other problem- farting like mad!!!

Means i will get a more accurate weight when i have my pre-op exam in a few weeks.

i feel great it is here, but also weird that it is here- knowing its the final i feel overjoyed, but also weird that i wont have the pads, cramps, clots, etc anymore

what has anyone else gone through? ( she types as the stabbing pains hit mysides AGAIN)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2016, 05:16 AM
Re: last period before surgery

Seriously...I'm wondering what to do with the Costco sized boxes of tampons and pads lol. I'm thinking of donating them to a Women's shelter. I've had my period since I was 10 yrs and I'm so not going to miss it!!!
Unread 04-22-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJOntario View Post
Seriously...I'm wondering what to do with the Costco sized boxes of tampons and pads lol. I'm thinking of donating them to a Women's shelter. I've had my period since I was 10 yrs and I'm so not going to miss it!!!

that is sucha good idea.... there are s many women less fortunate thaan us.... that would need it. Also, maybe donate some to a local high school, for girls that might get theirs unexpectedly????

A generous person you are!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Re: last period before hysterectomy

My hysterectomy date is May 19th and my last period is due to hit in a couple of weeks, but I'm on a little "mini period" where I'm spotting like crazy. Over the last few months I've absolutely DREADED my periods. Due to large fibroids I've bled like crazy which makes it difficult to do my job (I'm a conference call facilitator where I'm required to sit at a desk for long periods of time) and difficult to plan any activity really. Before committing to anything during my period I have to know the availability of restrooms and take along a bunch of tampons as well as a backup pair of Depends. That's not even factoring in the pain I may be feeling from cramps at the time, which sometimes is so unbearable that I throw up.

Honestly, it hasn't even sunk in that after this period I won't have to go through that ever again. I'm kind of antsy about the recovery process, but as I'm going through it I'll have to remind myself that it will lead to NO MORE PERIODS!!!
Unread 04-22-2016, 03:07 PM

I will be soooo happy not to have to chart and count anymore. Frankly I should have started my period on about Wednesday of this week, would have been 27 days, but I had prolonged bleeding after a D&C, so I have no idea when I might start bleeding. I'm hoping that was my last final cycle since I am only 12 days away from surgery....Eep 12 days Probably take the left overs to the middle or highschool after surgery
Unread 04-22-2016, 03:31 PM

I celebrated my last period in March knowing my surgery was April 14. I saved some for after surgery but I am 8'days post op and have literally had one small spot of pink blood since surgery. I've stopped wearing a pad. Yesterday I gave my adult daughter most of my pads keeping a few in case i should get some bleeding. Every woman is different my sister spotted for a month or so after her doctor said she is just a bleeder. I had one bit of sadness of saying good bye to my period but that is mostly because I am American Indian and we honor a woman's menstral time, it is also a monthly cleansing and I will kind of miss that part of woman hood. But not too much lol all my lower back, sciatica, hip , pelvi etc pain are gone now that a huge fibroid and a huge fibroid filled uterus aren't creating havoc anymore. I way over planned for recovery which I highly recommend I had everything I needed at home thanks to this website so was never stressed. My care giver was able to help me easily with everything
Here for the first few days. I lay in bed read books watch Netflix do word searches and am enjoying my time off. It is a journey having your last period means you are on your journey to wellness. Enjoy the journey and read all you can and Use the hysterectomy check points they help prepare!
Unread 04-22-2016, 06:59 PM

and yes the clotting has started- like i am nearly 48 and still clotting??? i always had straaightout bleeds- no clots or anything.

I should add i have avaricose veing on my uterus aand i am told i could bleed to death every month. Go figure WHY i would want to keep to run that risk!
Unread 04-22-2016, 07:55 PM

I, actually due to start the day before my hysterectomy. I'm hoping its late.....
Unread 04-22-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJOntario View Post
I'm having mine on Tuesday and know exactly where I am donating my feminine products! I am the advisor of a student women's group who is launching an initiative to donate feminine products to women incarcerated in Florida prisons for 2016.

If anyone wants to mail packaged products for the cause (must be intact), please send these care of The WSC Feminine Products for Prisoners Project to:

Open Books Bookstore
1040 N. Guillemard St.
Pensacola, FL 32501

Postage donations earmarked for this cause are also greatly appreciated. I'm new to the forum so hopefully this request isn't breaking any rules....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register