bedridden activities list - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bedridden activities list bedridden activities list

Unread 12-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Re: bedridden activities list

Great idea to get yourself a list and supplies for activitgy options! Be prepared to have a limited attention span at times, so it's great to have activies that are easy to set aside and pick up later. I am an avid knitter but didn't knit a thing....the idea to start small, like a dish cloth, is perfect! I love movies but in the earlier days of my recovery I opted more for the half hour/hour long shows on tv. And I spent a TON of time on this site! As I got a few weeks into recovery and my attention span got longer, I started reading again and over the last few months I have read more books than I have in the last few years...it has been great! This year I also made a few Christmas cards, the first time I've done that in a few years as well. So somehow, this recovery helped me rediscover some of the "slower" things in life that I was really missing! I hope you find the same happens for you (along with some new activities like knitting!).

Wishing you a smooth surgery and recovery, and a Happy Healthy 2011!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2010, 09:12 PM

BedRest?? What BedRest lol... My Dr told me i wouldn't be on any sort of Bedrest, She said I better be up and moving!! I was looking forward to some much needed rest after I have a TAH/Right Tube Removal on monday Jan 3rd. I wish my Dr agreed. Best Wishes and Happy New Year!
Unread 12-31-2010, 09:36 PM

Hook rug, embroidery, cross-stitch and other arts and crafts, catching up on phone calls or letters to friends and relatives, start on Christmas cards, look through cookbooks for new recipes you want to try when you recover, handheld electronic games, solitaire, online games, DVD movies and TV series, Sudoku, reading, journaling, scrapbook, hang out with or brush pets, surf the net, look through photo albums or put photos in photo albums, come up with a budget for the year, plan a great vacation with travel magazines or travel books or the internet, flip through magazines, decide on a new hairstyle or changes you want to make to your home/apt, work you can do from home, draw or paint, update your resume, balance the checkbook, coloring books - they have some great ones for adults (very abstract) at craft stores, puzzles, learn a language using Rosetta Stone, figure how to take better photographs by experimenting with your digital camera settings or getting a photography book, be introspective - think about your life, set goals, think about the meaning of life or how to be a better partner or mother or friend, pray or meditate, start learning how to play an instrument like a portable keyboard, write a story or a poem or a song, listen to CD's, sing, cuddle, play board games with others, volunteer to stuff envelopes or something similar from home for your favorite local charity, non-profit, or church, take naps, invite friends to come over and hang out with you, online shopping for upcoming birthday or holiday gifts, take time to be more informed about global issues, listen to National Public Radio, webcam with people, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2010, 09:40 PM

Find a newspaper or book like Zagat with local restaurant listings and make a list of new restaurants you want to try or get a state tourist book for the state you live in and make a list of places you'd like to explore this year.
Unread 12-31-2010, 09:50 PM

I'm on day 9 post op and I picked up crocheting. My mother in law taught me. However I retained nothing since I was doped up on percocet and had to watch a lot of youtube videos to figure out what I was doing. I just finished a ruffle scarf today since I haven't had a pain killer since yesterday morning. I usually play around in the forums here since I always have questions, and I tend to play on facebook a little too much. i'm sure people are entertained by my cabin fever boring status updates and photos of the apartment happenings. I also have a basket of things next to my nest with thank you cards, books, hemp yarn and beads. Have a happy new year!
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:46 AM

I always have wanted to learn Spanish, so I got an inreractive dvd to help me learn while I am healing. I never had the time to do that before. It's rare time that I get for me and I want to try my best to enjoy this time of recuperation. I am learning that its ok to pamper the princess!
Unread 01-01-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizz View Post
BedRest?? What BedRest lol... My Dr told me i wouldn't be on any sort of Bedrest, She said I better be up and moving!! I was looking forward to some much needed rest after I have a TAH/Right Tube Removal on monday Jan 3rd. I wish my Dr agreed. Best Wishes and Happy New Year!
I sure hope your Dr. just meant that you need to move in moderation and not to be up all the time. From what I understand your procedure is much more invasive then Laproscopic and you will need to take care and rest a lot in order to not tear stitches or form adhesions. Listen to your own body, yes walk and move to a point, don't just lay around all day but do rest Hope all goes well for you.
Unread 01-01-2011, 06:28 AM

One Sister shared that after her procedure she had "the attention span of a gnat." That made me laugh - and stuck with me. It was certainly true those first couple of days.

By the time I wrote 25 thank you notes, I made my first steps outdoors- to the mailbox at the end of the driveway. After that, I was on the rapid road to recovery - wouldn't have had time for tatting, Nook usage or serious study.

If you are having a daVinci procedure, your time in bed may be very short compared to other Sisters' experiences.
Unread 01-01-2011, 08:14 AM

I have a Kindle with about 170 free books loaded on it and about 30 hours of DVR'd shows I haven't had time to watch- I think I'm set. LOL!
Unread 01-01-2011, 09:58 AM

Femmedoc, whew! I feel like an underachiever after reading your list! Guess it's time for my nap. (laughing)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register