Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021

Unread 08-01-2021, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2021, 05:10 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 01, 2021

Good Morning! My name is Stephanie, I am 43 and my surgery is this Wednesday in Rochester. I live in TN so we fly out tomorrow. I’m not as nervous about the surgery as I am the recovery and flying home after.
Unread 08-01-2021, 06:24 AM

Hi Stephanie, best of luck with everything. Dealing with flights and travel must be such a hassle at this time.
My name is Annie, I'm 44 and having my op in New Zealand today...just gone midnight here but I can't sleep!! The hospital is an hour and a half drive for me.
It's been great reading this site, felt like a good way to prepare, I do feel ready now for the adventure...that's what I decided this will be. An adventure!
I will be thinking of you on yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2021, 06:39 AM

Hi. My name is Rachel. I am 48. I am having a total laparoscopic hysterectomy on Tuesday. I was diagnosed w uterine cancer grade 1 and complex hyperplasia. I was hemorrhaging blood for 3 weeks prior which led to a d&c and the discovery of cancer. I am a single working mom of a 6 yr old boy. We live in Boca Raton Fl physically but mentally and spiritually I am still in my hometown of NYC which I left over a year ago bc of the pandemic. I lost my dad to covid in May 2020 and watched him take his last breath on FaceTime. I am terrified to go into the hospital for the surgery w these hiking covid numbers in the S Florida area.

Grateful for this group.
Unread 08-01-2021, 08:01 AM

My hysterectomy is on Wednesday in Nashville and I'm filled with so much anxiety. I am having a robotic assisted procedure and hope that everything will go smoothly. I am struggling with keeping my ovaries or not. I have endometriosis and am 47 years old. I can see pros and cons for both but I just can't seem to decide what is best for me. Love and light to everyone going through this right now.
Unread 08-01-2021, 09:16 AM

Dear Sisters,

I’m just dropping by to cheer you on. ❤️. Today different Moderators will be popping on and off to wish you well.

For some of us, the scariest part is waiting for the big day, but we are here to cheer you on, You are stronger than you think - you can and will do this! Have confidence in yourself and in the skill of your surgeon. Try to think of the big picture - and that this surgery will one day be a memory that symbolizes your strength. ❤️

It really does help to keep busy doing things you enjoy and surrounding yourself with positive friends and family. Even if you can’t physically be with those you love, try Face Time or chatting through social media. You are in the home stretch. Staying positive can help reduce stress.❤️

Take care and know you are not alone on your journey.

TIPS:
Travel light for the hospital and remember comfy clothes and shoes to wear home from the hospital.

Also remember a small pillow to wear under your seatbelt for the ride home. Additionally, this pillow will also help cushion the blows of little people and rambunctious pets, coughs, laughing and sneezing. You may also benefit by having several small pillows available for resting in bed.

Sometimes, for those of us not used to sleeping on our sides, a long body pillow may prove the most comfortable. Or possibly a recliner with lots of squishy pillows.

Today is a great time to double-check your "recovery nest" to make certain you have the items you need at your fingertips. Getting out of bed can prove a bit challenging at first, so you may want to have a bed rail, or, a sturdy chair or small table to steady you as you get up. Remember those non-slip slippers for marching around the house. Have light reading next to your bed and your favorite movies.

And don't worry about anything you didn't get to clean or errands you didn't get to - concentrate on all you have accomplished to get this far.

Best of luck all. ❤️
Marciamae
Unread 08-01-2021, 09:20 AM

[quote=RachelPaige;1527853889]Hi. My name is Rachel. I am 48. I am having a total laparoscopic hysterectomy on Tuesday. I was diagnosed w uterine cancer grade 1 and complex hyperplasia. I was hemorrhaging blood for 3 weeks prior which led to a d&c and the discovery of cancer. I am a single working mom of a 6 yr old boy. We live in Boca Raton Fl physically but mentally and spiritually I am still in my hometown of NYC which I left over a year ago bc of the pandemic. I lost my dad to covid in May 2020 and watched him take his last breath on FaceTime. I am terrified to go into the hospital for the surgery w these hiking covid numbers in the S Florida area.

Grateful for this group.

Hi and welcome.
My deepest condolences on the loss of your dad. I am sorry you are suffering.
I am a transplanted New Yorker who lives in S Florida now too - in Broward County. My family here has different medical issues and have to visit hospitals etc for various treatments. The hospitals and staff are taking every precaution.
Best of luck for a safe surgery and good recovery.
M
Unread 08-01-2021, 09:50 AM

My name is Terri. I’m 58. I have endometrial cancer, grade 3 on August 3rd. The hospital is a short drive from my house. I may also have a bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy and/or a lymphadenectomy done at the same time. I’ve been praying a lot, which has helped with my anxiety. I’m mostly nervous about whether my doctor will be able to get all the cancer with surgery or if I’ll need chemo. I’m trying to leave it all in God’s hands. He’s in control, not me. Praying for good outcomes for everyone here.
Unread 08-01-2021, 01:09 PM

I'm Nancy. Having my surgery next Friday the 6th in Medford, Oregon. I'm 68 and have a double prolapse (uterus and bladder), so it's the mega-repair package for me. Laparoscopic and robot assisted. I've had terrible anxiety about this (thought I was having a heart attack!) but I seem to be doing OK this week. My husband has his own health issues, so my daughter is flying up from LA to be with me for ten days. Huge relief! I have gone back and forth about keeping my ovaries. My OBGYN and my surgeon (different people) both think I should keep my ovaries. My internist thinks not. Apparently younger women benefit from keeping them (unless there is ovarian cancer in the gene pool) but post-menopausal women not so much. Hyster Sisters has been such a great resource. Now I just need to get through giving myself an enema on Thursday night!
Best wishes to everyone on this thread.
Unread 08-01-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChick View Post
Good Morning! My name is Stephanie, I am 43 and my surgery is this Wednesday in Rochester. I live in TN so we fly out tomorrow. I’m not as nervous about the surgery as I am the recovery and flying home after.
Stephanie ... it is good to meet you. I know that surgery and recovery can be scarey. It will be very important to drink lot and lots, get lots of rest and walk around every hour or so ... each of those things are important for your healing. Be sure to follow your post op restrictions (no pushing, no pulling, no bending, and no lifting over a gallon of milk) ... they are there to help you heal well the first time.

Are you flying home the same day? Try to wear something very loose fitting and a soft thin cushion (or something similiar) so help with your comfort. And, be sure to take your pain meds before you fly ... that will help you to keep ahead of your pain.

on your surgery and recovery dear.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register