2 patches anyone??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 patches anyone??? 2 patches anyone???

Unread 04-21-2004, 07:12 AM
2 patches anyone???

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone require 2 patches of 0.1mg of Climara or V Dot at same time? I went off premarin and started V Dot after 2 wks I could tell estrogen low. Not sleeping, dry skin, moody. I called dr and he said to try femring. I wanted to stay on patch if possible. I wonder if bio identical estrogen is weaker then synthetic? My body isn't absorbing enough estrogen with patch. I found samples of Climara I put two on yesterday. Still low on estrogen. How about that femring? Any problems?? I seem to require alot of estrogen.

Thanks for any help.

Greenpee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2004, 09:31 AM
2 patches anyone???

I wore two the othe Vivelle patches (.1 and .0375) for many years. I also require a lot of estrogen and I think, in part, it may be because I am thin.
gg
Unread 04-21-2004, 12:51 PM
I am headed that way

I appear to be headed that way. TAH BSO on 3/31. DR started me out on .1, the .25 then .5, then.6. I woke w/night sweats, hot flashes and general evilness dreamning of a .357 magnum handgun the other night. I cut the .6 in 1/2 and added it to the other .6 - which by my math makes it .9. I called the DR office the next day. They told me that if you cut them in half, they don't work. The was not too happy w/me. Anyhow, she is checking w/the DR tomarrow. Mine is on vacation so this is somebody else.

I almost posted your exact question this a.m. b/c I wondered if they could do 2 patches. I want to stick w/bio-identical and the patch. Again, the was not too happy w/me when I told her that. I will not do anything w/mare urine. Personal thing for me, I have 4 horses and most of the foals get shipped off to slaughter. I rescue those that I can. So, I will only do bio-identical or natural. I think the may not like me too much but I am my own best advocate.

Excellent question Greepee - I am looking forward to the posts from our outstanding sisters.

Blessings - Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2004, 03:12 PM
Update

Hi everyone

Talked to DR's office today and they switched me to Vivelle Dot. They said that some women who had problems on the patch for 7 days do better on the dot b/c it is changed every 3 days. They were really apologetic that they haven't got my hormones wired right and just asked me to stick with them while they tweek it. What a positive reaction!

Don't be afraid to ask questions until you get the answer that works. This is my 3rd adjustment since my TAH BSO 3 weeks ago. I noticed a huge difference w/Climara in hours so I just must be sensitive to hormone flucuations. My family always knew I was of the hormone jungle. I am the one just finding it out.

Blessings - Suzanne
Unread 04-23-2004, 05:59 PM
2 patches anyone???

I have occassionally seen posts here from women who have successfully used more than one patch. I would question whether you are absorbing the patch if you are not getting relief from your symptoms. It may be that the patches aren't for you. We are all different and hormones are not one size fits all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register