Update-edno And Adeno- I Was Right | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update-edno And Adeno- I Was Right Update-edno And Adeno- I Was Right

Unread 04-13-2001, 09:22 AM
Update-edno And Adeno- I Was Right

HEY MY ENDO FRIENDS!!
SAW THE DR TODAY AND WE WENT OVER ALL MY PICS FROM MY LAP LAST WEEK-WELL I TOLD YOU THEY FOUND ENDO-ITS ALL OVER AND ALOT-WITH ALL MY QUESTIONS I FORGOT TO ASK WHICH STAGE. AS WERE GOING ALONG SHE SAYS YOUR UTERUS IS VERY ENLARGED( I KNEW THAT ALREADY FROM MY PAST 2 SURGERIES-THE LAST DR SAID THATS NORMAL SINCE I HAVE 5 KIDS-2 SETS OF TWINS) AND BOGGY/BULKY-WELL RIGHT AWAY I SAID ADENO AND SHE SAID YES. SO HERES THE DEAL- I GOT MY FIRST LUPRON SHOT TODAY FOR THE ENDO-SHE SAID WE WILL TAKE THIS MONTH BY MONTH-THEN SHE IS TALKING ABOUT ME TAKING LOW DOSE PILLS?? I FORGOT THE NAME ALREADY-TI SUPPRESS THE ENDO. FROM ALL I HAVE LEARNED I KNOW HYSTERECTOMY IS THE ONLY CURE FOR THE ADENO?? RIGHT?? HERES THE QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS-I DONT GET WHY SINCE I HAVE THE ADENO WHY HYSTERECTOMY ISNT A GIVEN NOW-THE DR DID SAY THAT THE LUPRON MAY SHRINK THE UTERUS SOME.
THANKS FOR BEING THERE GUYS!!! HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT EASTER!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2001, 10:07 AM
The idea is...

To shrink the uterus to a more manageable size for surgery from what I've been told.
Unread 04-13-2001, 10:11 AM
THANKS ADRITE AND ???

HMM-I WONDER-I HAD THE IMPRESSION SHE WANTS TO JUST DO THE DRUGS AND I HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT. ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES THE LUPRON TO KICK IN?? IM DOING THE 1 MONTH SHOTS(DR SAID 3 WEEKS) BUT I DONT TAKE THEIR WORD MUCH-I GET MORE INFO FROM WOMEN WHO HAVE BEEN THRU THIS. THANKS!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2001, 12:05 PM
Shannonyaz

Hi,
I went to the doctor this week also, I had the endo surgery this past summer, lots of it, now back to the pelvic pain, lower back pain, heavy flow, etc..... anyhow, he talked with me about the lupron, about going on the pill, etc. I aksed if it would put my symptoms in remission, take care of it, he said no, that it would buy me some time until a hysterectomy. I asked what advantages there were, he said none, that I was young (36). I said I would rather TREAT the problem, take care of it, he agreed, opted for uterus removal leaving the ovaries in. The lupron puts you in menapause, hot flashes, sweats, mood swings, even for a short period of time. Best of luck, sometimes the squeaky wheel....
you don't want to feel like this anymore.
Keep me posted.
Denise

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register