Is there Help for DH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is there Help for DH Is there Help for DH

Unread 11-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Is there Help for DH

Hello ladies,

I'm new to hyster sister, I have very large fibroids and I appear to be about 5month along. I'm due to see my Dr on Dec 5 to set up my appointment for a hysterectomy. What type I will not know until friday. MY DH, had a good question is there any help out here for him to understand more about what will be happening to me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Is there Help for DH

Hi Catjeffrey
It looks like you have a really good DH, just let him know that the surgery you are having is very major and being a you need a lot of tlc (tender loving care) after your op, please take things easy and get plenty of rest.

Take care s Karen
Unread 11-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Is there Help for DH

Hi

There is a FAQ for hyster families (click here) that may help. You may also find some tips and hints from other sisters that may help.

Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Is there Help for DH

I plan on taking DH to the pre-op. He wants to know more so he can help. I'm glad!

Jeannie
Unread 12-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Is there Help for DH

You and I are in the same boat as far as symptoms. The doctor and I made the final decision to have the surgery. TAH. Tonight At supper I talked with both my dh and 14 year old DS. Without being embarrassing to much, I explained all I knew to them as to what was happening, why and what to expect. I have always done every thing around here and it will be a shock to them. My son was upset that he would have to ride the bus which comes at 5:45 am instead of me driving him. Later, he came back to the litchen and hugged me and apologized and said he would ride it as long as needed. I a wierd way, this is good for our families. I thin kthey will appreciate all we do a little better. Best wishes on all you go through.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register