going in june 30th and getting a little nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going in june 30th and getting a little nervous going in june 30th and getting a little nervous

Unread 06-07-2005, 08:41 PM
going in june 30th and getting a little nervous

Hi all
Well I am getting down to the wire and let me tell you all stress is my middle name these days. Like many others I bet..........

I am bleeding non stop and wouldn't know a normal period if it jumped up and smacked me and I have a trans vag /pelvic ultra sound booked for this week, we run our own small business and I got a call that the government wants to do an audit next week and I swear my left and right ovaries are on a marching strike in there as my legs are killing, my back is done for and if I lower the air in my house anymore we will be breathing in ice cubes and oh yeah I also have the fans running.
My family is starting to give me the ugly stares as they wrap in blankets and here I sit in shorts and a tank and that is even too much at times!

ahhhhhhhhhhhh thanks for the vent!

Please tell me this will get better after my surgery? So much for staying calm huh?

My doc's office has said I go in on the 30th then I am out in 4-5 days is this right? Do they give you a valium or anything the night before to help sleep, am I on some serious drugs after and for how long or just laying there hoping to pee and pass the gas (which in 18 years I still don't really do in front of dh) I know dumb but my quirk and trust me I am not the type to hold much back!

I didn't stay in that long after my kids so this is kind of freaking me out!!!! I think dh too but he is pretty quiet about it all and then the after party with kids and work HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!

My big appointment is with MY 'CREW" (docs) again next week so all of the questions I asked before will be explained again but can I ask anyone about this cervix sewing? I am freaked out about those stitches (I know dumb) but as of my last appt they are not sure if they can do it tvh or if it is a full adominal. I guess alot is riding on this ultrasound .

I have been reading these posts and many others for quite a while and I know this must be done but boy oh boy what we go thru.

Ok thank you all so much for listening and any suggestions please send them my way.

Mandy aka the gal from Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2005, 09:09 PM

Hi Mandy,
We have lots of similarities..........
My surgery is next Thursday (June 16) and I can definately relate to the stress. It is getting down to the wire and I am so nervous. I feel like time is starting to run out to get things done before I go in.

I've never even spent the night in the hospital, so I'm even nervous about that.....sounds crazy huh? And I can also relate to the passing gas thing. After 10 years I still don't do that in front of dh either. But I have warned him that it's about to change. lol. I am also not the type to hold much back!

We also run our own small business, with no other employees, just dh and myself. So I'm also worried about us being out of work. We are planning on dh going back to work on Monday after my surgery. The stress and anxiety seems to be mounting these last couple of days. You are not by yourself.

Maybe you will be able to have the TVH. Mine is a TAH/BSO....I wasn't really given a choice. Good luck to you. I hope you have a smooth recovery.
Take care,
Cheryl
Unread 06-07-2005, 09:54 PM

Hi!

I will be having my TAH on 6/28. Even though I am very nervous, I am also very excited to be on the road to feeling better again. This business of being tired, in pain, and almost non-stop bleeding is for the birds!

I do worry about my kids, how I will feel, how the surgery will go, etc., but I read in another post on this site not to worry, that everything would fall into place. I'm realy hoping that's true. I had planned on freezing a bunch of meals for the family and doing a thorough housecleaning, but I am so tired all the time, I can't even keep up with things now.

I've never stayed for more than one night at the hospital, either. I'm really nervous about the hospital stay because I don't sleep well in strange places.

I hope we all have a smooth surgery and quick recovery!

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2005, 04:51 AM

Hi There,

I am scheduled for surgery on 30 June, too. I am an accountant and as it is the end of financial year here in Australia on that day it is the worse possible time for me to take off work, but I am so tired after 17 years of endometriosis I don't care!

I had 2 C-sections with the kids and I was nowhere near as nervous as I am now. I have been stressed out terribly and have been grumpy and horrible to everyone here at home. I keep telling myself it will be OK once this is over, but I worry about what is going to happen when it is all over, I have heard too many bad stories I think!

Anyway, good luck to you - maybe we can help each other through this!

Donnalee
(Melbournian)
Unread 06-08-2005, 08:23 AM

I too am totally stressed out - I am scheduled on the 29th - I have been working on getting this done since Nov - so I feel like it's been forever - and I am having second thoughts on not having my rectocele fixed at the same time - I will have a long discussion with my doctor at the pre-op at the end of next week.
I had an ultrasound 3 weeks ago - it was easy - except I had cramps in my ovary area for several days afterwards - will be interesting to see the results of ultrasound. Good Luck to you. Try to keep busy - make a list of things to do and try to cross off one thing a day - it is helping me.
Unread 06-08-2005, 08:45 AM

Hello sisters,

to all of you!

I know just what your going through. I was a nervous wreck too before my surgery. The doc. didn't give me anything to calm my nerves the night before. Once I made it to the castle and let them know how nervous I was they gave me something. Hang in there sisters. You'll make it, just like we all do. I know people have alot of horrible stories, but everyone is differant. Some people heal very good and others still have problems. That doesn't mean you will. My recovery has been great, except for this one pain I'm still having. I had it in the same spot before my hyster. The doc. thought is was due to my prolapsed uterus, but it turns out i might have a hernia. Taking care of that this Fri.

Try and not worry so much. Be positive! I know easier said than done. I gotta tell you it's great not having Aunt Flo. Some of my girlfriends are already jealous. I wish you good luck sisters and we'll be waiting on the other side!
Unread 06-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi there

Hi - I too am scheduled for June 30th. Although I am nervous, I'm looking forward to it too. I've been trying to occupy myself with tasks to do to get ready, and haven't been "thinking" as much ... yet. I know as the day gets closer I'm going to get butterflies. Or worse !! I have been printing lists from this website so I can plan and get ready, and make sure my family knows just what to do with me after ! ha ha Everyone at my work is teasing me that I'm "too excited" about having surgery ... I just related it to my friend's breast reduction surgery, then she understood. I'm willing to put up with whatever comes with the surgery, to lose the pain, too-frequent periods, painful sex, lower back pain, "potty problems", etc ... I have also tried to focus on the positive aspects; namely getting some time off from work, spending more time with my family, reading some good books, watching my favorite movies, and getting pampered ! I know it sounds simplistic and possibly naive, but it helps chase the butterflies away.
I know we are planning to keep my ovaries, but my uterus is going bye-bye ! I'm also not sure about the cervix, or even if it will be abdominal or lap ... will have my pre-op appt next week. My wonderful doc says he won't know 'till he "gets in there." I told him to make sure his shoes were clean before he climbed in ! ha ha (I'm very tall and he's very short ... and he's been my doc for years so I can tease him)
Enough of my rambling ... here's to us June 30th Ladies In Waiting!!
shelby
Unread 06-08-2005, 05:17 PM

I totally understand your concerns and fears. I was to have my pre-op appointment June 9th which is tomorrow. My surgeon's office called me today to let me know he has had a death in his family and will reschedule me for next week. So when I do finally get my TAH later this month it will be done by a berieved surgeon. As if I wasn't concerned enough already.

Best wishes June ladies!

~Maple
Unread 06-10-2005, 05:10 PM

Hello Girls!

I completely understand the anxiety. My final pre-op visit is scheduled for June 22nd and my surgery is scheduled for June 29th. I was stressing so bad. Now I am trying to take one day at a time

It seems like on your worst days you can't wait for this to be over and the days you feel not so bad is when the nerves start getting the best of you. Two weeks ago when I could not even set up without wanting to pass out or get sick I was more than ready to have this end. Today is a good day so I am getting scared again.

I am going to pack my bag this weekend and make sure I have everything I think I might need. Then I can go back to taking one day at a time.

I wish everyone luck and look forward to talking to all of you. We need to stick to gether.
Unread 06-19-2005, 10:59 AM
waiting til' June 30 and wondering...

I'm scheduled for June 30th and am still wondering about my decision.

My Doc and DH keep reassuring me and I know they are right but, since there are no gaurantees in life I'm wondering how angry I will feel if I go through this and don't have good results. I've heard a lot of horror stories and hope that I don't end up as one.

I'm crossing my fingers and biting my lip waiting....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register