Not a good start | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not a good start Not a good start

Unread 11-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Not a good start

Got all my pre-op paperwork from the hospital yesterday. First page contained date information etc.
" You are scheduled for surgery 12/14/06.
You MUST call nurse for pre-op instructions on 12/16/06. If you do not you may jeopardise your surgery date."

Hmmmmm .... will have to call to sort that one out today! Then after reading found out on one page that my pre-op appointment is set for 12/5 - 11 days prior to surgery. But need an EKG 14 days prior. Because I'm an asthmatic (but have been medication free for 2 years) I have to meet with anesthesiology 14 days prior. This means 2 trips up to the hospital - it's over an hour away :-( Oh well - Iguess I'll get to know everyone really well & know exactly the best roads to take!!!

Suddenly it's all a bit more real.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Not a good start

Yeah, castles can be a real pain. Mine did all that at my pre-op appt, luckily. You could ask if they could combine your appointments or at least put them on the same day because of the travel involved. Try to stay positive and remember that the end of this miserable waiting is almost over. Good luck to you!

carrie
Unread 11-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Not a good start

Did you get the pre-op thing sorted out where they're going to see you 2 days after surgery and 11 days before but actually need you 14 days before?? LOL Seriously though, can you get it all day at the 14 days prior instead of two trips?? Sheesh what if you hadn't read it all? Lots of people would not read it until closer to the date (although we women are much more organized )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Not a good start

Mine was messed up too, but I didn't find out until I drove the 45 minutes to the hospital for my pre op stuff. Once I got there, they informed me that my surgery was 11 days away and my blood work was only good for 10 days!

I told them I could not come back another day due to lack of time off at work. They finally worked it out so that the one piece of bloodwork they needed within that 10 day window could be done the morning of surgery and I didn't have to take additional time off.
Unread 11-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Not a good start

Well I just had a long chat with the surgery scheduling gal - she's a sweetie!! Very helpful, chatty and full of information! She'd forgotten that I live so far away from the hospital and so when I asked if I was going to have to make two trips up she said goodness no! So I just have to go up once - spend basically the whole day there but it will be just one trip! This is looking better!!! Can I be excited about a hyster???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register