Scheduled Oct 23rd TVH BSO I have questions about pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled Oct 23rd TVH BSO I have questions about pain Scheduled Oct 23rd TVH BSO I have questions about pain

Unread 09-27-2006, 08:45 AM
Scheduled Oct 23rd TVH BSO I have questions about pain

I have suffered with endo and aden for 20 years, I am 38, thankfully after my 3rd laproscopy I had my daughter. i have had3 laproscopies and many miscarriges since my daughter was born 6 years ago. I put off going back because I didn't think I was ready for a hyserectomy, but the pain effects everything. When I did go back the doctor just laughed and said it was about time.
My question to anyone that has had a TVH what is the pain compared to my every day i know I'm going to pay for doing that can't stand up pain. ( and recovery ) my doctor scheduled outpatient?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 08:53 AM

There string on here called Adeno vrs Post-op pain..... go read the replies.
they are sure to ease your mind.
from the sounds of it, from the replies from the post-op girls that had adeno / endo, the pain is not as bad for recovery.
After reading all the replies - i was doing the happy monkey dance!
Here is the link to that thread:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=270867
Unread 09-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Thank you for the link

Thanks for the link it has eased my mid slightly. I am also concerned with the outpatient surgery? Is this normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2006, 09:21 AM

From what I have read on here, there have been several women having the TVH that do go home the same day and feel ok doing so.
I would encourage you to talk to your doctor about it and if you are uncomfortable with the timing, maybe they will let you stay for a night.
Unread 09-27-2006, 09:23 AM

Hi I Had Tvh And I Went In On Tuesday Morning And Got Out Wed Morning, I Took Pain Pills For Two Days And That Was It, Then I Took Advil Or Tylenol, I Walked Around The First Night At The Castle, For Me The Gas Pains Were Worse Than The Surgery Pain, I Took Gas-x For That It Helped Alot I Also To Milk Of Magneisa And Only Had Two Painful Bm, All In All I Think They Waiting Was The Worse Part, I Hope You Are As Lucky As Ive Been
Unread 09-27-2006, 09:25 AM

Thank You, I think I am making a mountain out of a mole hill. But I am very nervous. The wait is the worst. I received my surgery date 2 weeks ago. Good Luck to you and thank you again. I'm sure I'll be thinking of something else to ask everyone since I can't sleep anymore.
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:20 AM

I had a lavh, which is similar I suppose, but had the laparoscope too. I came home within 24 hours. I do have pain, but keeping it under control with medication. I have at times awful intestinal gas...that is worse lol. Before I left the hospital yesterday I was able to finally start passing this gas out....all I can say is...ahhhhhhhhh, I blew like there was no tomorrow LOL....I have not had the other gas problems from the carbon dioxide though...thank goodness. I'm like granny with the walking f a r t s LOL....but it feels oh so good to get it out.

You will do fine..it's not at all that bad..waiting IS the worst part!!

Hugs
Unread 09-27-2006, 10:28 AM

Thank you, I am sure I am annoying my doctors office by calling them constanstanly to see if there has been a cancellation on his schedule. I am not used to waiting this long. My original doctor was heas of obgyn dept at hosp. and you would see him on friday and have surgery on Monday. This waiting is killing me. It also doesn't help that I can't move to good today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register