need info on ovaries - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need info on ovaries need info on ovaries

Unread 04-01-2008, 09:50 AM
need info on ovaries

Yeah right. I can't get too the Dr. I have tried calling his office to b told that I have to call his other office, to be told that he won't b in until the end of April at that office and too call back to the other office, where they say they can't help me.
Apparently, form what his nurse says, if I want too try to do laporoscopy or vaginal then they will have to reschedule surgery and I need too talk too him about that first. But since I can't get into see him until the end of April--(hey better than the end of May) By that time I would probably have too go on a new waiting list.

This is very stressful and the fact that no one seems too care or want too help is making it more so. At this point I just want too give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2008, 10:09 AM
need info on ovaries

it sounds like you need a second opinion. go see someone else, ask him what less invasive hysterectomies you might be able to have and that you want to keep your ovary. i had the lsh..kept my ovaries and cervix and it was a very easy recovery.
i dont see why your dr just cant call you back and at least speak to you on the phone about a few options
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:08 AM
need info on ovaries

See thats not so easy in Canada, it took me 8 months too get in to see this guy. I really can't wait another year to get a referral and too maybe get another date.
I just phoned and apparently he won't talk to patients on the phone.
I do have an appt w/ my family Dr and maybe he can talk to the surgeon about my concerns. According to the nurse or whoever I talked too at his office, a laporoscopy surgery takes way longer and would be many more months before I could be scheduled for that.

Here it seems like we have no power either over our health care system.
Unread 04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
need info on ovaries

Do talk to your family doctor...
A lap surgery doesn't take longer to do, but I wonder if it is just busier and they can't get a surgical suite. Try and pin them down as to how many more months. I don't know your situation, but please do be well informed before you make that final decision. So you have your surgery in June right now, right? Tell that secretary you have more questions and want to have an appointment before the surgery. Leave the surgery as is for now, you have plenty of time to gather your info and even cancel it if that's what you decide. And when you see your regular doc, ask about getting another opinion too. Maybe he/she can help you wade thru the system, or at least find a doc you are more comfortable with.
Honestly, my gut has concerns about you, well, your situation. This is a major, major surgery. If this surgeon hasn't given you all your options from the get-go, how can you be sure he will be there for you thru the recovery? I don't know....right now I am glad to be in the states and to be able to be an active participant in the care of my body...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register