Cast on leg and impending LSH Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cast on leg and impending LSH Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy Cast on leg and impending LSH Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy

Unread 11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Cast on leg and impending LSH Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy

Hi! I was supposed to have surgery on October 30th, but it was canceled due to an unexpected knee surgery. The surgery went off without a hitch, but I'm now in a hip to ankle cast on my left leg. I'm currently on a light weight bearing schedule for my knee and am using crutches to get around. My Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy LSH is rescheduled for December 4th, next Tuesday, and I visit my doctor tomorrow for my pre-op appointment, but I'm wondering if any of you can shed some light on my predicament of whether or not to go through with the Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy LSH even though I'm not walking at 100%. I'm wondering if because I'm stuck in bed anyhow I shouldn't just get it done and over with instead of rescheduling again. Any thoughts? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 04:53 PM

I would definitely talk with the doctor about it tomorrow at your pre-op. He should notice the cast You will be sore after your hyst surgery and may be placing too much stress on your abdominal muscles to help compensate for your knee right now. I would hate for you to compromise either your knee recovery or hyst recovery and have more complications.

I wish you a speedy recovery from your knee surgery and discernment on your hyst surgery.
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:24 AM

I agree, you should discuss it with your dr. Then, together, you should be able to decide what is best for you.

Please let us know what you decide.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 07:39 AM

Laporoscopic appears to be much easier to recover from than other methods. I just had my surgery LAVH on Nov 9th and was feeling great after 7 days...but than got a nasty bladder/kidney infection that set me back a week. The first threee to four days are the toughest getting in an out of bed or a chair, going to the bathroom and getting rid of the gas! But...Three weeks post today and can't tell I had any surgery! Your legs will have to be in some strange positions during surgery and knees very bent I would imagine. I had some tenderness on the tops of my thighs afterwards so I can just imagine how the legs were positioned! Talk to you doc about blood clot risks. They will probably use these compression leg wraps that pump and massage every few minutes to help avoid clots. Best wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery,
Lynn
Unread 12-02-2007, 05:53 PM

Well, my surgery has been canceled, again. My history of blood clots and current inability to bend my knee forced my doctors to take me off the schedule. I am frustrated, but I understand the risks and appreciate the extra caution my docs are using. I am a complicated patient and I know the surgery will be easier once my knee has healed but I am tired of dealing with the pain and bleeding. My doctors expect me to be ready in five more months because my cast doesn't come off for another three months. Once again, I am back to waiting.
Unread 12-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Kazoo- I am so sorry that you had to postpone your surgery again. I hope that your recovery from your knee surgery goes well.
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:09 PM

I'm sorry your surgery was cancelled.
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear your surgery is postponed again. I hope you have a smooth recovery for your knee.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register