Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering

Unread 11-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Re: Pre-op thoughts on post-op pampering

Well, I started my pampering early. Went and got the haircut I've been wanting for months, but was too afraid to cut my long hair off. Other than that...I'm going to allow myself to sleep when I feel like it. One of my co-workers invited me to her house to go through her movies so I will pick a bunch out to "borrow" while I'm home recovering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2011, 07:50 PM

My pampering is beginning a bit early, too. My wife and I finished the Christmas shopping today, had a nice lunch out and spent the evening with my brother and his family. Tomorrow, she's making me potatoes anna and coconut sorbet. We're also having a cord of wood delivered tomorrow, so I'll be all set for fires as soon as I'm not too gorked to light one!
Unread 11-12-2011, 08:09 PM

I plan on hitting the craft store for a few skiens of yarn so I can crochet me a new blanket. I've got a couple already started that I should have finished before then. I'll have a lot of my Christmas gifts made by the time all is said and done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2011, 07:57 AM

will ask the dr before the surgery, but had 2 questions, now I know we wont be able to have (relations) for 6-8 weeks and I understand that, but how close to surgery can you have sex?
Also going to florida for 2 weeks ,2 weeks post-op, I wont be able to go in the pool or hot tub either huh?
Oh well, thought I would ask the sister's first, then the Dr
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:17 AM

My dh painted my fingernails and toes 2 hours after surgery and i plan to get my hair done and a mani pedi as soon as im released from dr care... should be dec 21st. Plus me and dh are planning a xmas trip just for the 2 of us... no kids and no more pain... im def looking forward to it already
Unread 11-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Hounddog...I haven't been on here long...and have a question...what does dh stand for?
Unread 11-13-2011, 12:11 PM

Darling hubby
Unread 11-13-2011, 12:15 PM

DH = dear husband (or could also be darned husband if you're annoyed with him LOL)

DD = dear daughter
DS = dear son/sister

I found the abbreviations here somewhere ... Ah ha - here they are:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/vie...=abbreviations
Unread 11-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Did I mention I got the Netflix App on my iPad and I have set up several television series that I've been meaning to watch, as well as some good movies? I can watch them from anywhere on the iPad or on the big TV in the living room, if I feel up to coming down stairs or need to rest in the recliner vs. the bed.
Unread 11-14-2011, 10:32 AM

Netflix on the iPad is GENIUS.

My wife exchanged the bookshelves I was using as a bedside table with an actual bedside table, so things are organized and within easy read. We're cleaning out a chest height shelf in the refrigerator this evening, too, so I can find things easily.

I still need to do a few more touch-ups on the bathroom and a nice, long vacuum of everything...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register