Possible yeast infection and DVH in 6 days! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Possible yeast infection and DVH in 6 days! Possible yeast infection and DVH in 6 days!

Unread 04-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Possible yeast infection and DVH in 6 days!

I good cipro for 3 days after being tested for incontinence a week ago. Now I think I have a yeast infection. I used the one day Monistat treatment but still have a lot of itching in the outer area, but not much discharge. Will they go ahead with surgery if I have a yeast infection? I am sooo mentally prepared to get this over with, I'll be so disappointed if they cancel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2013, 05:52 AM
Re: Possible yeast infection and DVH in 6 days!

Let your doctor know right away if you still have itching. You may still have some yeast, a new medication or a three day Monistat treatment might be needed. One tablet of diflucan might cure it, so I would call today, even though it's a weekend day. You can help yourself too by taking all of the processed sugar out of your diet and by eating more vegetables to replace it. I have gotten yeast quite easily all of my life and this helped me, no trouble with post-op yeast infection at all. Hugs
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:04 AM

LadyJaty,

Thanks, I will call this morning. It feels like such a little thing to call a doctor on a Sunday about...but with surgery on Friday...I don't want to take
any chances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2013, 06:13 AM

You're welcome. Best of luck with your surgery and recovery!
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:18 AM

If you can't reach your doc right away, go to the grocery or pharmacy- there are wonderfully accurate home-tests now.
If the home test shows positive, then you'll have those results available to describe when s/he calls you back.

Meanwhile, take a not-too-hot shower and wash your vulva and labia with a very, very gentle, unscented wash- I use PhisoDerm's sensitive skin formula. Dry well- if you have the option, lay around nekkid for a while to allow maximum air contact.

Unless your doc says it's okay, don't use any creams, ointments or powders but if you have a good cortisone cream on hand, that works miracles on external irritation if your doc allows it. Vagisil is just a numbing agent and does not actually soothe anything, just disguises it.
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:29 AM

Yeah, don't use steroid creams down there unless the doctor says. Sometimes when you take the one day or three day monistat regimens, you need to use some of that cream externally too. Also, the one/three day creams are way more concentrated so it can make you itch/be irritated more at first.

So, definitely reinforcing contacting your doctor, which you are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register