Heavy bleeding and operation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Heavy bleeding and operation Heavy bleeding and operation

Unread 06-22-2017, 08:44 AM
Heavy bleeding and operation

Have a question I didn't see addressed.

My bleeding has been very heavy. Very, very heavy. I can't imagine that will change between now and my surgery date (July 11 or 2.5 weeks).

My question:
At what point is your underwear (with pad) and or tampon made to be removed?

My fear is that I will look like I am already in surgery by the time I am wheeled into the OR. It's that heavy and that "clotty".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2017, 08:57 AM
Re: Heavy bleeding and operation

I can relate to that heavy bleeding. I was the same way! My period started prior to my surgery so I was wearing a tampon and pad when I arrived at the hospital. I removed the tampon and went with just the pad, which was held in place by a pair of mesh panties provided by the nurse when I told her about my circumstances. I went into the operating room that way and it was removed there.

Don't hesitate to call your doctor about any questions or concerns that you have prior to your surgery. It's nice to have everything addressed for peace of mind.

Unread 06-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Re: Heavy bleeding and operation

I got my period on the Tuesday before my Monday hysterectomy. I told everyone I would have my period on surgery day and no one cared ( in a nice way - lol).
I checked in at the hospital wearing a liner.
I changed in a bathroom adjoining my room, took everything off and put on a robe. I told the first woman who came in I had my period, she asked if it was bad enough to need a pad , it was not.
Had it been she said she could get me one. So I guess once you change your clothes, you can have a pad. She did ask if I had a tampon in, I did not.
Honestly once I was in that room, even though I had to wait for my surgery time, I don't remember much. I had 2 IVs, and a nausea patch behind my ear. My husband says I got giddy and wheeled out - lol.
So any removing of a pad, catheter is done after, you won't know or remember. I don't !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register