Scheduled TLH Freaking Out! I hate being in the dark! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Freaking Out!  I hate being in the dark! Freaking Out! I hate being in the dark!

Unread 05-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Freaking Out! I hate being in the dark!

Hi, I found out 2 days ago I have hyperplasia of endometriosis (sp?) Anyway, I am currently scheduled for June 20th, but my husband wants me to get it done ASAP! We have reasons to want it quick.

First, I was in a study almost 2 years ago for my Multiple Sclerosis. It was a 4 day, high dose of chemotherapy to totally ablate my immune system. Drops your white blood cell count to zero. I had blood transfusions and platelet transfusions to keep red counts up etc. Now I haven't had an MS attack since, BUT...

I went into a menopause state. I hadn't had a period since the procedure. I had been suffering night sweats, and hot flashes daily for a year and a half. Then I started HRT with pellets. Love them!

Just prior to the pellets, I did my routine PAP and had to have cervix precancerous cells biopsied.

9 months after starting pellets, I have Hyperplasia. And yes, I have been taking Progesterone. I had the heaviest period of my life from April 1st to 21st and I have a lining thicker than my Doctor has seen in a long time. Crazy!

I am 47 years old, and 5'4", 110lbs. My husband thought I was going to bleed out! LOL My sisters a RN and said bleeding less than a pad per hour isn't considered a problem in the ER. I was filling a pad every 3 hours.

So, I'm getting a TLH and I get a biopsy of the lining next Tuesday. My GYN says I'm going to have some bad cramps and she'll give me a shot to calm things down after she finishes. Sounds like I'm going to be in some pain, though I have none now!

Then Pre-opt is soon after then 2 weeks until surgery....hope being small is a good thing! Hoping I feel good after all this, and freaking myself out the more I research!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Re: Freaking Out! I hate being in the dark!

I can understand you being scared....it sounds like you have been through a lot. I know some of the things you read on the internet are horror stories when it comes to hysterectomy, but I just want to let you know that there are success stories out there. Here on Hystersisters, one thing to keep in mind is that when you are reading the Post-Op forum, most of the posts there are from women who are having complications. The women who don't have questions about their recoveries because it is going smoothly don't post nearly as often because they don't feel that they need the support....but they are out there, trust me.... I am one of them!!!

I don't want you to get too freaked out by all the research you are doing. I can definitely be overwhelming, but it is important to arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible when it comes to your health, and that includes knowing and understanding the possible complications that could arise.

Try to take a deep breath and not worry yourself too much. If you have questions, never be afraid to ask...this is your body and your health, so ask as many questions as you want.

Wishing you and hoping you feel like a whole new woman when this is all over!!

Unread 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM

It's good to do some research and be informed. We all need to be proactive with our health. But Traeleigh is right - try not to freak yourself out.

You've got a few appointments to get through and a bit of a wait until your surgery. My best advice to you is just take it one step at a time. Sometimes looking at the whole picture at once is overwhelming. And the waiting is really the hardest part, and dealing with the unknown. Come to us often with all your questions, worries or if you just need a hug. We are all here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2012, 11:22 PM

Hey! Just a quick note about the Uterine lining biopsy--

I had gone to my first meeting with my Gyn Surgeon (April 2nd) and she wanted me to schedule to come back for a biopsy. I asked her what she would be doing and since I was already undressed on the lower half since she did an exam I asked if she could just do it then?

She explained how she would use a long thin tool that would go in past the cervix into the uterus and take a small bit of the lining. That would be sent for testing. (it came back clean! yippee!!) There would be some cramping and if I couldn't deal with it she would stop and we'd schedule the biopsy for another day and I would come in with having taken some pain meds before hand.

I said lets go for it. It was uncomfortable as I have huge fibroids and it took a bit of maneuvering on her part just to even get to the inside of the uterus. Once there she got the sample and I did have some very strong cramps--but since I have been having really bad cramps every month, it wasn't much worse than what I have been dealing with. The cramping stopped as soon as she was done. (doing some deep breathing and cleansing breaths really helped) I did have a couple days of mild spotting after and then 5 days later my regular awful period started and the biopsy was just a memory!

I hope that helps-- Stephanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register