New here - TAH on March 12th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here - TAH on March 12th New here - TAH on March 12th

Unread 03-09-2004, 05:05 PM
New here - TAH on March 12th

Hi. I'm new here. I've been reading the messages for a few weeks now but just registered this evening. (I have a dumb user name but was told others were invalid.)

My surgery, TAH/BSO, is scheduled for this coming Friday, March 12th. It has helped me a great deal to see that others have the same fears I am experiencing.

My surgery has been canceled twice and I don't think I can take it if it gets canceled again. The first time it was canceled was because my insurance company denied approval. I had an endo-ablation which stopped some of the bleeding but didn't stop the pain. I had to wait 10 days and then my doctor requested approval for the TAH again. This time it was approved but the scheduled date was changed at the last minute because of conflicting scheduling at the Castle.

I have times when I think I should just cancel the entire procedure but, in reality, I know I can't keep on going the way I've been. I am so anxious to feel good again.

I am 51 years old. I don't know when menopause would happen naturally for me. I have no family history to go by because my mother and 3 of my sisters all had hysterectomies when they were younger than I am now.

Anyway, hopefully things will go on as planned this Friday.

Thanks for the support on this board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2004, 05:16 PM

Just wanted to wish you good luck on friday and to let you know that all will be just fine. I am only 28 and had a TAH/BSO w/ burch(bladder tack) for incontinence. I had endo and cyst on ovaries.
Unread 03-10-2004, 11:58 AM

Hi, glad you found us and welcome to Hystersisters. If you have not yet had a chance to check out the site, many LIWs find the following pre-op and post-op items of interest and just click on the links below to get to them:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=170
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=171
There are many great, caring ladies here who will share their experiences and please don't hesitate to post any question(s) you may have.
You will be in my ers for a complications free surgery this coming Friday. s and blessings, peggiesue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register