D & C pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-24-2004, 07:38 PM
D & C pre-op

I am scheduled for TAH May 7th, and D & C April 26th, Dr says to rule out cancer. I have had 4 abdominal surgerys, but never a D & C. I need to work as much as I can between D & C and TAH. How much discomfort can be expected from D & C. My doctor suggested I take a couple Tylenol before since my stomach can not tolerate anything stronger. I also scheduled the whole day as PTO. Will I need more than 1 day to recover? The procedure is being done in the Dr office, not the hospital.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2004, 07:42 PM
HI

I had a D&C and really felt no pain from it. I had a laproscope at the same time so was off work three days but if I had not had the laproscope I think I would have been fine with a day off.
HOWEVER, we are all different.

Good luck!
Unread 04-24-2004, 07:46 PM
D & C pre-op

same here if you arent having the laprascope then you shouldnt need more than a day to recover. i had it done a month ago and it didnt help but they did find the adenomyosis that i am having my lavh for.

tami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2004, 08:21 PM
D & C pre-op

I had a d&c in Feb and i Had problems from it. I did work the next day but was so sore and on major pain medicine that i was not really good there. I bleed lightly the first 2 days after the d&c and ended up in the er on the third due to heavy bleeding and major pain. I ended up missing the rest of the week i was so sore. I have had more problems since the d&c than before but hopefully My was just a fluke not something you will have. I had one period after my D & C be aware they are more painful and maybe more heavy as you need time to get the lining built back up (found that out the hard way). Good Luck with yours I am having a tvh or tah on the 26th because of the increased problems. Hope you have no problems. And good luck with your TAH on the 7th.
Unread 04-24-2004, 09:43 PM
D & C pre-op

Hi
I had one last month too and had problems but I was low on iron and really swollen still after, I think I have a clue on the swelly belly, I missed a week and should have just taken 2 days, but we are all differant, I had one years ago and do not remember any pain. For me the last one the gas was awful. but the bleeding came back 10 days later so off for a LVH.

Most recover so much faster, If I wasn't so weak already I probably could have gone to work 3 days out with gas medicine.

Good luck and hope they find great news in there for you!
Unread 04-24-2004, 09:44 PM
D & C pre-op

I have had 2 D & Cs...I took a couple of days off after the surgery just to make sure I was rested and up to par...
Unread 04-24-2004, 10:25 PM
D & C pre-op

Hi there! I have had 2 d&c's. The first I had a cone biopsy done also and was out for about a week. The second one I was admitted over night because the doctor was concerned that they may have punctured my bladder during the procedure. This time I was only out 3 days. These D&C's were about 14 months apart. The last one being 1 year ago. I started having problems again and another D&C was not recommended. At this point I was to high risk-so I had my TVH/BSO. I am almost 4 weeks post op and doing pretty good.
Maybe you can have your D&C scheduled on a Friday if your days off are on the weekend so you won't have to miss to much work. Blessings to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register