Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 02-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by myFatherschild
Not to be argumentative, but have you considered confronting your sister and asking her exactly what she's getting at by asking you these things? Is she trying to tell you something? (which of course she seems to be) Instead of just alluding to something she will be forced to bring what she really means out into the open where the two of you can discuss it. DON'T defend yourself - you have done nothing wrong. If she brings up the doctor's short recovery again you could invite her to visit the website and read some of the post-op comments. Maybe that would be a jolt of reality. In any event, some people just refuse to believe it could be that bad. And, while you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy, sometimes the only way some people can understand this experience is by living it themselves. Stay well!

Thanks for the support. I really do wish I could have my sister visit this site. She is actually coming over tonight with my nephews, but she is the type that would poo poo our postings. This is disheartening for me, because our mom passed away 3 years ago and our dad, although very much in the picture, divorced my mom when I was 7. So, it was just the 3 of us growing up. My husband, meaning well, keeps saying that she should be doing more for me considering she is my closest relative. Having already gone thru 9 years of Leeps and Colposcopys, a Circulage during a rough Twins pregnancy, and having infant Twins, I have learned that we are really all on our own and much stronger than we ever give ourselves credit for in this world.

That being said, I have to tell you all that I drove myself for the first time today and decided to treat myself to a chick flick to celebrate the 2 week anniversary of my TAH. :steer:

The theater is less than 5 minutes from my house, so I thought it would be a safe outing. Plus, I was really just going from one chair to another.

I felt great during the movie, but, either because I (not to be too graphic) didn't get up to pee during the movie or overdid the popcorn and soda, I could barely get to my car and drive home. I had to take a percoset and a GasX (the first since my surgery) when I got home.

So, I am 4 for 4 in bad experiences after my outings this week.

I think I will stay home tomorrow and do something couch potatoish.

Just an FYI,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2007, 10:24 PM

I go to the doctor I was going to say tomorrow but since it is after midnight I go today on my birthday. So I am hoping for nothing but good news. My DH says I am doing great but I still feel very sedentary. I know they had to do a lot. I kept my ovaries and cervix but my Dr. said that going in my uterus was attached to my bladder and one of my fibroids was parasidic (don't know if I spelled that right) and was attached outside my uterus. I also had adhesions and lots of scar tissue. Because my incision was bleeding last Tuesday every time my incision pulls or tightens I think I am bleeding again but I'm not. My dh keeps checking for me. Besides last week going to the dr to get my staples out and tomorrow to dr I have not been out. I take my walks around the house, go to the bathroom a lot and rest a lot. From reading some of the more recent posts I am now wondering if the percoset I'm taking could be causing me to have trouble peeing. I go, and especially at night, I have to keep going because it does not all quite come out. I have a lot of questions to ask the dr today. How long should we be able to stand for? After a few minutes I feel pulling and the incision gets tight so I get nervous and sit down again. I am doing more sitting now then when I first got home but the same thing I end up feeling a lot of pulling and tightening. Does anyone else get that? I did not realize that it really does take a long time to recover from this type of surgery. I had 2 c-sections and from what I remember I was doing pretty well 2 weeks after surgery but of course, they did not take out any of my organs just beautiful babies which I'm sure kept my mind off things. One of my girlfriends works for a gyn and she said it will really take me 8 weeks before I truly feel better. Sorry for the long post I guess I just felt like talking. I also get sad it seems for no reason and I am also having the night sweats some nights and then I go from hot to cold. Best wishes to everyone.
Unread 02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
are you by rockaway mall

To Lainiek: Just ignore your sister. I know that is easier said than done but if she has not been through this then she can't understand. I can tell a lot of people that I know think that a couple of weeks after surgery everything should be fine. I am chairperson for my 6th grader's PTA after school activities and the PTA president is very nice but the activity was originally scheduled for 2/15 which she understood I could not do but because of the weather it has been rescheduled for 3/1 and she left me a message hoping that I will be able to run it. I don't think I will be able to and I know she will understand but at the same time I feel she will just be surprised since it will be 3 weeks later. I lost my mom almost 26 years ago and still miss her. I understand how you feel about being close to your mom and sister and your sister not being there the way you want her to hurts you so maybe you can print out some of the posts to have her read so that she has a better understanding or just tell her how you feel. Everyone is different and it is really hard for me to believe that 2 days later her friend went back to work. By the way did this woman have her hysterectomy vaginally or laporoscopy? I think that makes a big difference. We are here for you if you need to talk and try not to get upset over what your sister said. I am sure you find it frustrating.
Lots of hugs for maybe not a speedy recovery but absolutely a safe one and one where you are healed completely. P.S. Are you near the Rockaway Mall? That is about 45 minutes from me. I think all of us NJ and PA girls should meet for a hysterectomy recovery luncheon when we are all recovered. I think besides the support of my husband and children this is the greatest web site and a tremendous support for us. I don't know if I could have made it without this site. I feel I have had such great support and have learned so much from this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2007, 04:41 AM

Hi Bagpuss progress report for 13 days post op. Having a good day today. My scar hurt alot when I came out of the shower but I've managed to tidy up put the washing on, load the dishwasher. I think the pain in my groin is to do with all this activity as it lessened when I sat down and used my heated pad on my wound. My boss has been to visit me and has said that he will pay me for all the time that I need to have off which is a relief. I dont want to be put out to pasture yet! I miss my activities and my work colleagues and for me it is important to stay in touch. We are running out of food and supplies so I will have to sit at the computer to do an online shop. Best wishes to all the sisters who are recovering at the moment. Love and hugs to you all.
Unread 02-21-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconowoman
To Lainiek: Just ignore your sister. I know that is easier said than done but if she has not been through this then she can't understand. I can tell a lot of people that I know think that a couple of weeks after surgery everything should be fine. I am chairperson for my 6th grader's PTA after school activities and the PTA president is very nice but the activity was originally scheduled for 2/15 which she understood I could not do but because of the weather it has been rescheduled for 3/1 and she left me a message hoping that I will be able to run it. I don't think I will be able to and I know she will understand but at the same time I feel she will just be surprised since it will be 3 weeks later. I lost my mom almost 26 years ago and still miss her. I understand how you feel about being close to your mom and sister and your sister not being there the way you want her to hurts you so maybe you can print out some of the posts to have her read so that she has a better understanding or just tell her how you feel. Everyone is different and it is really hard for me to believe that 2 days later her friend went back to work. By the way did this woman have her hysterectomy vaginally or laporoscopy? I think that makes a big difference. We are here for you if you need to talk and try not to get upset over what your sister said. I am sure you find it frustrating.
Lots of hugs for maybe not a speedy recovery but absolutely a safe one and one where you are healed completely. P.S. Are you near the Rockaway Mall? That is about 45 minutes from me. I think all of us NJ and PA girls should meet for a hysterectomy recovery luncheon when we are all recovered. I think besides the support of my husband and children this is the greatest web site and a tremendous support for us. I don't know if I could have made it without this site. I feel I have had such great support and have learned so much from this site.

Thanks for the support. I am actually right near the Rockaway Mall- it takes me 3 minutes to get there from my house. My neighborhood actually borders Rte 80. We should try and do lunch in March when we both have more pep. I would even meet you midway.

Big P.S. Happy Birthday!!!!
Enjoy your day!!! Just think that this new year will bring you nothing now but good health and recovery!
Unread 02-21-2007, 06:28 AM

To Poconowoman - I'm also shocked about how difficult this recovery is going to be, I expected to have the surgery and 2 weeks later be able to do everything I need to do. Wish one of the sisters could give specific information about what they could do and how soon. I had a TAH. The only thing I'm doing at this point is laundry, cooking, lunch with a friend now and then. I really appreciate everyone's responses.
Unread 02-21-2007, 06:41 AM

I have had several people remark how lucky I was to have 6 weeks off from teaching. They actually used the word lucky and I could tell they were envious because I would be off. (These were fellow teachers who obviously never had this surgery.) I went out last night to supper. Did fine at first and then had to wait a long time for food. By the time we left I was sore and exhausted. I ached for quite awhile last night. Everyone told me that in 2 weeks I would feel good and be able to enjoy my last 4 weeks. I can't even contemplate driving at this point and this is the beginning of week 3.
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:27 AM

Well I had my post op yesterday. He said everything looks good. I start my HRT'S today, I am very nevouse. Did anyone start there yet. My Dh went back to work today so I am very nevouse about being here all by myself. Hope all is well with everyone. Be back soon bye and thank you sisters.
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:44 AM

Princess48
My doctor started me on Premarin the day after my surgery. I take a pill every morning. I haven't noticed any side effects--physical or mental. I will say though I used to suffer terrible PMS which started 9 days before my period. Since surgery, I have felt mentally well everyday--not up and down emotional. I'm curious to see if this "normal" good feeling will stay with me all the time. Won't that be a relief. I have cried when going through frustrating or painful times, but nothing like PMS. So, I feel really good about the HRT. I'm 40 and had periods like clockwork every month when they discovered the endometriosis. Ovaries, cervix and uterus all removed.
Unread 02-21-2007, 08:11 AM

I think a good response to these people with the insensitive remarks is, "Are you speaking from experience?"
Reading these posts has really helped me to appreciate my 85-year-old mother, who cares SO much. I'm going to lunch tomorrow at my sister's (I have 2) and my female cousins will be there, some who have had hysterectomies. It will be my first social outing (@ 2 weeks post-op). I will be keeping all of this great advice in mind when I go. "I'm sorry you don't understand" is also a good reply. I'm glad some of you live close enough to get together (I'm in St. Louis). Now THAT's lucky!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register