Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 209 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 04-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Princess48 - Hope you get some energy soon. Have you had your iron levels and thyroid checked?

Bookah - So sorry you had to go through that. What a terrible person.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 09:24 AM

Poco, I'm so glad you are feeling better today. I get a little swollen still when I overdo it or don't drink enough water.

Princess - congrats on your 10 weeks. I hope your mammogram goes well.

Catnapper, at my appt last week my dr. did say I should lightly stretch my abs every day. Maybe that is why. Thanks for the info.

Bagpuss - sorry you were feeling yuck, I hope you are better today. I just had a mole taken off my back on Monday and I am sore. She didn't stitch it very well I didn't see a dermatoligist though. They are way better.

Everyone else - I couldn't scroll down any further... have to catch up later...take care
Unread 04-18-2007, 11:06 AM

Send the letter bookah! My DP used to work in human medecine (managing diagnostic imaging departments actually so same department as you're dealing with!) and the treatment you received would have been SEVERELY dealt with. Sorry it happened and you have every right to feel as you do! That's awful! I went in for an ultrasound on my breast one day before my surgery because of something they'd found and I felt like I was being treated like a princess! Even the radiologist herself came in to explain what was happening and what the results were!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2007, 11:53 AM

Thanks girls, I have had mammograms for 6 years now and this is the first time a tech ever treated me like that. There were two other times I was annoyed though. One was a doctor after I asked for a mammogram. She said, you don't need mammograms but if it will make you feel better you could ask your mom for a blood sample and have a genetic test done. That was 2 years after my mom died. I had just found a lump on my left breast and the stupid doctor didn't even read my chart. The second was at the same office. I went to check in for my mammogram and the secretary said to the girl she was training "oh, she is young, she must have cancer." I informed them that it wasn't any of their business. Uggh! I will definitly write a letter.
Unread 04-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Question - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Girls Get Going!?

Have any of you checked out Girls Get Going? I was just over there and it is such a cool layout. They have challenges to accomplish things you may not have thought of and give you recognition for it. They also have forums like ours. I didn't see much traffic on it and was wondering how you would feel about starting a group over there. It would be nice to see it grow. It has so many neat features.
Unread 04-18-2007, 02:25 PM

Bookah, I would definitely send your letter, but wait a few days and review it to make sure it is much more professional than your tech was. Wow, I've only ever experienced that 1x in my life and it hasn't happened since. Any more if I don't like how a health professional or any other paid institution behaves I simply leave and take my business elsewhere. There are plenty of people out there who know how to employ both tact and respect. On the one occassion they called me back to "reschedule" and I just politely informed them of the problem and that I wouldn't be rescheduling. Then I just hang up because I've already severed all ties at that point anyway. If you don't tolerate that behavior from your family or co-workers, why would you tolerate that from someone you employ for a service? Oh well, just a thought.

I do like Girls Get Going and think it would be fun.

Babs
Unread 04-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Hi everyone I've just managed to delete my post. Bookah I'm really sorry that you have had a bad time. I would definitely complain. I'm very sad for the families and friends of those massacred on Monday. My prayers and thoughts go out to them. Poco I noticed that your ten week post op is today I'm tomorrow. Wow most of us are really well on the way to recovery although as I write I'm fighting tailbone pain. Weird not bowel related. Also have had pain with the big O but I haven't a womb to contract where is the pain coming from? Oopse I will post on the other site. Today my colleague and I went to practice 'Panis Angelicus' at another friends house in Little Baddow. It is all sheep and spring lambs in the fields and bluebells and about fifteen minutes from central Chelmsford. It went well. He also played the Mozart clarinet concerto so not a dry eye in the house! On the invitation I have to wear a cocktail dress. HELP. Chat to you all soon. Jane alias Bagpuss.
Unread 04-18-2007, 03:00 PM

Hello I'm feeling ok it is just the wart that is yuck not me. I'm still having issues with swelling and pulling and again while I've been at the computer tailbone pain. The pain that I was having with the big O I related to perhaps getting too frisky too early in healing similar to the tailbone pain. Doesn't happen every time but puts you off somewhat and makes me nervous to have sex. I expect most of us were curious to see that everything was working ok. Have a lot more to say on the subject. Is that for sexual dysfunction forum?Goodnight all.
Unread 04-18-2007, 05:35 PM

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in awhile, but I am now back at work and started 12 hour shifts this week. When I get home from work my abdomen has been so sore and have had swelling in my ankles. Maybe I should have pushed to stay on 8 hours longer. I am a nurse and I work in the newborn nursery and we have been very busy. So today I am off work and I just pampered myself. Relaxed read a book, took a bath, and some pain medication. I don't go back to work till Friday so hopefully it will go better.

Catnapper, maybe your doctor is right. I hope so ! maybe you need to stretch those abdomen muscles. At work I am pulling and pushing and maybe because I was babying my abdomen is why I am having so much pain. Maybe it is adhesions?

Bagpuss45 Sorry to hear you are also having issues with swelling and pulling! Hears hoping that it gets better.

Princess48, Happy 10 weeks Good luck on your mamogram tommorrow!

Pocono, So glad to hear you are pain free.
Also happy 10 week aniversary from surgery.

Singinmad, How are you? Hope everything is going well.

Bookah, Glad to hear hormone levels are normal. Hope your mammogram and thyroid scan went well. :dance2:

Hope everyone that I didn't mention is recovering well!

I am trying to watch my diet and exercise a little more. But I have to admit I am having a lot of trouble sticking to it. I guess I just don't have my energy back yet. Though I have been drinking lots of water.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Unread 04-18-2007, 06:03 PM

bookah
the way you were treated is so outrageous. I'm sorry you were put through that. I would definately write a letter, followed up with a phone call. I think they owe you an explanation. I just want you to know that you deserve much better than that and we all care about you very much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register