Silly question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silly question Silly question

Unread 02-25-2002, 06:51 PM
Silly question

My husband plans to give me a day of pampering before my surgery. If I get a manicure and/or a pedicure, are they going to make me take off the nail polish before the surgery? I don't want to waste our money if that's what's going to happen. Maybe I'll go for a massage instead

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 06:55 PM
Silly question

Hi!

Now that is funny! I was thinking the same thing! I gave myself a pedicure last weekend and I was wondering if they would make me take it off. Honestly, I don't think so. I know years back they would, but to my knowledge you don't have to anymore.

I remember they would make you take off your make-up too. That certainly will NOT happen to me!

Take care,

Tracy K

:
Unread 02-25-2002, 07:00 PM
Silly question

Tracy K, you made me laugh about the make-up. A year ago when I went in for my laporoscopy, I was told not to wear any make-up. Well, I very lightly put on foundation and mascara in hopes that no one would notice. I don't know if anyone did notice or not, but they didn't say anything. I plan to do the same thing for this surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 07:01 PM
More Than Likely

You will have to take your polish off. Most :doctors: and castles will not allow you to wear polish in the OR.

Maybe you would be ahead to hold off on the pampering until you're feeling a little better after your surgery.

Just a thought....

Endo_Chic
Unread 02-25-2002, 07:51 PM
Silly question

I think every doctor and hospital must be different. I entered the castle with my make-up and polish (fingers and toes). My surgery was the day after Christmas and I went in with Christmas decals on several nails. I received comments (all positive) beginnning at Pre-Op the week before, in holding that morning and afterwards on the floor. I wear only mascara, base and a little blush. The nurse in recovery did wipe away some that had smeared under my eyes.

I might vote for the massage (so you can get really relaxed) before and nails afterwards. You deserve both. LOL!
Unread 02-26-2002, 02:33 AM
Silly question

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hlight=nail%2A

Girls

Here is the link to a thread on nail polish which has been posted recently. It might answer all your questions.

Regards and best wishes on your surgeries.
Unread 02-26-2002, 07:07 AM
Silly question

I asked the nurse at me pre-op appointment and my doc if I had to remove my nail polish and my expensive acrylic nails.

My doctor said that there are modern ways of checking for oxygen levels without looking at the nail bed. He said it was something I would have to ask the nurse at pre-op because that was a matter that he doesn't deal with.
My nurse said that I didn't have to. She's aware alot of women spend alot of money on manicures and she had no complaints from the OR that women were coming up to the OR with nail polish. I've also had other surgeries in other hospitals with nail polish on. I've even had OR nurses admire my nails while going to sleep. :-)

It all depends on your hospital. It's a good question for your pre-op appointment. I was happy to get to keep mine on.

Good luck!

Pamela
Unread 02-26-2002, 07:39 AM
Silly question

I was told not to have nail polish on my fingers, they need one for that moniter they put on your finger, for oxygen level I think. I don't think the toes would matter, but I would say to do it after also, or get the massage before and the rest after.
Unread 02-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Silly question

EEK!!!

I just had my nails done today to match my toes! They are acrylic and very red.

Oh well, if they want to take it off, they will have to chop my fingers off!

Trying to get acrylic nails off is virtually impossible.

Tootles,
Tracy K
Unread 02-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Silly question

My pre op instructions from the hospital were VERY specific:
on the day of surgery DO NOT wear make up, nail polish. or jewelry.

Every facility and every dr is different, however this is not a beauty contest and believe me for a couple of days you're not going to care about your nails or makeup. Personally I'd rather wait til after and make that one of my first outings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register