Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 184 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Phil446,
I am feeling a little better and glad u r too. I am still cramping when I go to BM. I don't get that. I may need anti biotics too. Ima call the dr. Monday or Tues the latest. What biotic did you take? My sister told me earlier today that I could be having a reaction to the pain pills since I just got off last week. Those pills can be harmful. I was constipated till a few days ago. Now, when I have to go, I gotta go.

Lav,
I only had the ab cramps right before my BM. Law uses the melatonin to help her sleep. They are in the vitamin section and are safe to use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 10:00 PM

jenn, i've not taken any antibiotics. The pain on my left side was really bad on thursday and friday, the same kind of pain that i had before the surgery so i was really scared. but it seemed to get better when i rested last night, slept in today, stayed in bed and got a massage. I think I overdid it at work this week. I dont know what I'm going to do.....teaching kindergarten is hard because you're on your feet all day. I feel like my body isnt ready for those long hours. or maybe i'm hurting because i havent done much of anything in 5 or 6 weeks and now my body is trying to adjust. Geez, its so hard to figure it out......
Unread 08-25-2007, 10:22 PM

I think that you will be fine, Phil446. You haven't worked in a while and being on your feet is a lot. I sit down and this week was rough for me too. This was my last friday off on the summer hrs. I was so tired that I took off Thursday (vacation day) to have a 4day weekend. We all just have one uterus and have never been through this. Only listening to friends on the outside. As women, we worry anyway and these are our bodies and when things tinkle/twinge, pain, even if it is temporary, we spaz out. Afraid of more surgery. I will pray for all of us tonite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 10:39 PM

I have had the same thing happen to me. I also ended up on estrogen I was not getting any sleep and crying wayyy too easy. My Dr. prescribed Lunesta for me to sleep and that has helped a lot but it's far from perfect.

I forgot to take my estrogen a few hours later then usual and it is unbelievable!!!!!!!Hot flashes!! Makes me sick tonight! Even on a good schedule of estrogen I still get hot flashes

I'll be thinking and praying for us all tonight. Hang it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavpearson
Thank you so much for responding. I am 42 years old and I am taking a estrogen pill and also tons of vitamins. I tried not to take the HRT but the hot flashes were so bad that I just couldn't handle it. Even taking the HRT I still have a few flashes a day - some worse than others. I think if I could just get some sleep I would feel better. I am very moody and most of the time, I just want to be by myself. I hope this changes. I am usually a very outgoing person and a lot of fun (if I do say so myself). However, I know that I am not myself and this worries me. I love the person I was before the surgery and I don't want to change that. I haven't returned to work yet and I'm not sure that I am ready. You are right, I need to contact my doctor and let him know what is going on. Again, thanks for your comments. I feel better just knowing that there are others out there that are experiencing similar problems. Take care.
Unread 08-26-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
UGH that swelly belly!! It never ends!! NOW I have been having pains, well a sorness like pain under my breast area at my rib cage area. I wonder if its because I have started to sit more this past week doing work on my computer here at my home office, I wonder if anyone else has felt that too once they start sitting more often. Any help would be GREAT!!
Presouz,

Unfortunately, this could be a totally unrelated pain. Check with your doctor. It could be your gallbladder or...I've known several women recently who've been diagnosed with plurosy. It's not supposed to be catchy, but your lungs could be feeling ill...

I feel pain there even though they took my gallbladder because I have dang adhesions all over my abdomen!
Unread 08-26-2007, 01:21 AM

Here's an addition to the things we've learned:

1. Don't get new ear tubes put in a mere 6 weeks after the hysterectomy; it may be minor surgery, but it causes a huge setback in the healing process and fatigue factor! It also makes migraines worse when they're mixed with funky equilibrium from having your ear drums ruptured.

I went out with DH and DS today to an inside miniature golf place and wore myself out. I also shot very poorly and had to have DS retrieve the ball for me (he's much lower to the ground, right?). I got hot standing around and waiting to hit a little ball in an inside facility, and I'm on HRT--what does that say? Luckily, when we played in the arcade later I won enough tickets for a pretty hand fan.

We had fun, but I think I shall pay dearly tomorrow.
Unread 08-26-2007, 04:50 AM

Good Sunday morning,

Thought I'd say hi to everyone before beginning the day. I have a mild migraine (I use to get the dibilitating type now I get an occasional three day headache in the same region) and it was probably set off by this hot, humid weather we are experiencing in PA.

Well ladies, my pampering days are over. I am taking my son back to college today and I head back to work tomorrow. I hope that I can occasionally touch base but my typical routine doesn't give me a lot of "me" time. I will to say hi once in awhile.

It really has been nice getting to know everyone and I am so grateful for this website as it really did help. I hope everyone continues to have a healthy recovery.

many s
Unread 08-26-2007, 06:34 AM

Good Sunday Morning to you all. Well, let's see. DD left computer on all nite so hope no one phished all my bank acct. numbers while we were asleep. I woke up early as usual but rested until 7. Then showered and am eating/typing at the same time w/the first of MANY loads of laundry in the machine. I woke up feeling not so bad considering 13 hours at the State Fair yesterday. Granddaughter saw Fergie up close and personal even if we did wait five hours, yes FIVE hours in various spots to get to see her. We saw the bunnies and exhibits and ate carefully and walked and rested and refilled our water bottles and missed connecting w/one friend who is royally angry at me and met up w/assorted teens over and over as they begged to stay later and later. Nine p.m. was the absolute end for me and we didn't get home until well after 10 w/no bridge to easily connect us on our formerly easy route home. Granddaughter and I plotted out where we will get some cool freebies next weekend when we go one or two more times. I am a maniac, aren't I, about that Fair? I had lots of tweaks and kept shifting my fanny pack (held it above my tummy actually) and bags and tried to pick up minimal stuff. The water bottles weighed me down the most. Well, today I am going to freak about about school starting tomorrow for me, deal w/DD teen who wants to school shop and a) I am on a limited budget without getting to teach this summer due to surgery and b) not understanding her need for clothes when she hasn't grown a cm. since her inhalers stopped her growth three years ago and c) when she has a roomful spilling into the hallway full of clothing.

?? That part of my DD confuses me to the max. And poor grandkid is the one whose shoes and clothes totally do not fit and we have no $$$ to buy her anything for the new school year.

Lots of hugs to you all for a wonderful Sunday. It's cool and sunny here as my sister and her team finish the 3 day 60 mi. cancer walk. Amidst the chaos in MN they had a perfect Fri/Sat/Sun w/low temps, partly cloudy skies and low dewpoints to walk. A miracle for MN this weekend. Take care. I'll be 'in and out' of this site this week and for sure will keep you informed when i see the doc Friday. I hope I haven't damaged my innards w/my crazy life.

E.
Unread 08-26-2007, 06:42 AM

Hi, ladies. I woke up 'refreshed' from my 13 hours at the State Fair. I am insane. I hope on Friday the OB doesn't look inside and say, 'What have you DONE to my handiwork, E? What have you DONE?' I hope he says, 'It looks lovely in there and any knots and needles are just quirky offshots of your recovery.'

We shall see.

Anyway, I am amazed I can MOVE after yesterday's ordeal. Never go to a Fair w/a car full of teens less than 7 weeks post op, even if you 'only' had TVH. Goodness. Now, I didn't walk the entire time, and had to kind of hold my fanny pack off my tummy bec. it 'pulled' at times. And bags over shoulders w/stuff in them had to be shifted. And we rested a lot. And I drank plenty of water and chose healthy foods. But wow, that was too long. I had wanted to come home earlier and rest, but one must barter for these things.

Anyway, I still get the knots. I love reading that so many of you don't feel normal, either. That's comforting for me, even though I know well how agonizing it is. Oh, to be my former self, mentally and physically. This is nasty. I haven't even read YESTERDAY'S paper and that is unheard of for me. My personality has totally changed. And one never knows when a pin will jab from inside, even when just sitting and doing 'nothing.'

Today I am NOT going to 'count laps' and try to walk anywhere special. I am doing three loads of laundry, a little grocery shopping, arguing w/DD about school clothes shopping, dealing w/little granddaughter, buying 1,000 nametags to use at work tomorrow to start to learn 94 new student names, and conserving battery power in my aging bod to make it thru the start of a new semester tomorrow. HUGS TO YOU ALL. We are a large group together w/many of the same recovery issues and I hope we all have a decent Sunday w/some progress towards 'normalcy,' whatever that is post-op!

E.
Unread 08-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Hello everyone

I spent all day yesterday at my DD soccer tournament it started at 930a and did not get home unitl 1100pm. They made it to the finals today so I'am back to the soccer fields. I came home very tired but I was suprised to find that I didn't have any pain. But I do not tolerate the heat very well. My slow brain is embarassing. I will be talking and completely blank out!! My DD's team has a very nice group of parents. So Had lots of help. DH was with DS at his football tournament. But after the last game I must have looked a fright because one of my friends DH offered to drive my car home and I would drive with friend. He was worried I was to tired to drive myself home (1 hour drive). I did make it home fine DD and I talked the entire time she was so excited it became infectous. I slept very well last night with no sleep aid.

I read thru the post and I think wow I can relate..But when I go to post I can't for the life of me remember who all posted what so next time I will bring a notebook and pen and make notes. I want all you to know that your in my prayers and I can relate to all of you. It's so nice to know I'am not alone in this recovery.

I hope everyone has a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register