2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007 2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Unread 10-08-2007, 11:37 PM
2007 - Hysterectomy Oct 01, 2007 - Oct 08, 2007

Monday Oct 8,2007- well things are going slowly but steady. I had a great day in just hanging around to heal.lol my kids had a jam fest with their musical instrments. I had a great walk but, see how tired I can be at the end of the night. Since I just had one nap I hope to be able to sleep good tonight.
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heres2me
Dear Wandering Rose,

You have been on my mind since I read your post. Just wanted you to know that I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sure our other "sisters" will too. Please let us know how you are doing and keep us posted on your tests.

Take care & may God bless you and keep you strong : )

Kim
Thanks for thinking of me.

I am out of the hospital and feeling physically pretty good.

I am naturally concerned about the cancer but I try not to borrow trouble.

I will be staying out of electric carts.
Unread 10-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Day 5

Okay, so I must have overdone it yesterday. My mind was racing last night until 3:00 a.m. (at least that's the last time I looked at the clock) and I didn't sleep much. I woke up feeling horrid -- stiff neck, exhausted, and to top it all off the gas pains are back, yuck.

Back to bed for me this morning. To everyone else -- don't overdo!!!

And to wandering rose... I am thinking about you. If there's anything I can do for you in Scranton, PA you just let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2007, 08:49 AM
It's been a week!

Hi, It is so nice to be able to read how everyone is doing and have people out there that really care. Well, it has been a week and I have really been feeling good. I told my dad just a few minutes ago that if it wasn't for my stomach being so tender i would feel great. I am glad that everyone else out there is doing good and for the ones that haven't had it yet, just think of the benefits and not the bad things.
One another note, I ask that you keep my sister from Idaho in your prayers today as she goes in and has hers done and her bladder repaired. I told her about this site and she was going to check in on it but I'm not sure if she was able to or not. Our parents are out there with her now for a week. Kinda makes me nervous by myself but I will make it. And please pray for strength for my parents cause they have been on the run for a week now and no end in sight. lol Last week was my surgery, Sunday they hopped on a plane for idaho for my sister, home sunday, and then back to the hospital for my son to get his tonsils out, and the following week my mom has oral surgery.
and don't overdo it.
melissa
Unread 10-09-2007, 10:30 AM

One week today and I feel better in some areas but no progression in others. I have energy but not the flexibility to do anything with it! I'm waiting for a call from the Dr's office to see if I have a UTI. Like I said in another post, I'm nervous about over doing it. I'm trying to stick with Ibuprofen and avoiding the Vicodin. The upside to V is it works better for pain but the down side is it causes constipation.

DH did sit and watch a movie with me yesterday and then go to Red Robin to pick up some yummy food.

Thank you for all the support! Hope you sisters are feeling like yourselves and doing well soon!
Unread 10-09-2007, 11:26 AM

It's 9 days post-op, and I woke up feeling terrific. (I had a TVH on Oct. 1, so I don't have any external incisions.) I decided that I didn't need my Advil and that I could handle a little laundry. (No baskets, just many trips back and forth with handfuls of dirty underwear.) BIG MISTAKE! It's not even 10:30 am, and I feel pretty much how I felt on day 2 - crampy, crampy, crampy. I just took 3 Advil and am hoping they kick in soon. For the first time in a few days, I'm considering taking a vicodin. It looks like it may be true what they say - you feel better than you are. Take it easy. Resist temptation! Don't overdo it!
Unread 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Hi Everyone,
I had a LSH on Friday the 5th @3:00. Surgery lasted longer then expected, 3 hours instead of 2. The fibroids were bigger then doc thought. I give her a lot of credit for being patient enouph to just stay with it and do it lapriscopically, She told me before surgey that if they were bigger I may have to have a traditional abdominal hysterectomy. I am SOOOO glad she hung in there.

The whole time in the hospital was a piece of cake! No pain, no nasea. No adverse affects of any kind. I had a endothecal pain killer right after surgery and I felt nothing untill the next morning when I was aware that my abdoman was tender...but was not in pain. They gave me 600mg of abuprfin and did not need anything else the whole time. I was released Sat at 5:00 and walked out to the car to go home.

Today is day 3 at home and I can not believe how easy this whole thing has gone. I am still pain free, taking 400 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hrs. I have not had any problems sleeping, peeing or pooping. I did take the constpation thing seriously and started taking stool sofner as soon as I got home and tried to eat a high fiber diet. I am glad that I did.

this morning I opened my purse for the first time in days and found 3 Pads...then realized and lauphed at the the fact that I will not need to carry those around anymore!!! Through it all I had forgotten the biggest benefit of all, no more periods and pads!!!!YEAH!!!! No more ruined underwear,sheets, cloths, embarresing accidents!

After so much worry and anquish about whether or not to go ahead with the surgery, for now, I feel I made the right decision. I am optimistic that all will continue to go smoothly and I will be back at wk part -time(15 hrs) next week just as my doc predicted. After reading other posts on post surgical I was not convinced that I would be ready, and maybe I will find out differently next week, but as I say, I am optimistic!

this web site and the caring people who post and reply to Q has helped me drastically to get through this very difficult decision and to understand enouph about it to make an informed choice.

The best advice I got was to get a 2nd opinion. Even though I did not want to...I callled anyway and they got me in within a week! I thought it would take longer and drag things out more. I was wrong. The benefit for me was that this new doc does the LSH and my original doc wanted to do a vaginal (I think because he doesn't do the lapriscopic) and he did not suggest any other options for types of hysterectomy. If I had gone with him, I KNOW I would not be feeling as good as I am now!

I wish everyone uneventfull recoverys,as I had read before...the waiting is is the worst part, post op is filled with optimism knowing that everyday brings you closer to a full recovery.

My stomache is swollen though I can defineitely feel a difference. I feel like my upper stomache has really gone down in size. Before surgery it felt like the fibroids were making things press against my rib cage, I do not feel that anymore. How nice!
Unread 10-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Day 5...Wow what a difference each new day makes

Hi to all my recovering systers...

I had to be at the Castle at 8:15 the morning of the 4th...DH says we only live 1 exit from the Castle so we get the in the car to leave at 8:00 am...My nerves are a mess by this time...I'm starving from the nasty bowel prep the day before the clear liquid diet has done nothing for my mood... So we roll into the Outpatient entrance at 8:30...NOT COOL... They take me back on into the pre-op room and i get into my lovely gown...NOT

The doctor came to see me at 9:15 wanting to start my IV cocktail which has not been done yet. They start all that stuff at 9:25 my IV is inserted

So they wheeled me into surgery at 9:50 am...My sleeping Meds started to kick in that Dr.'s name was Stan...I don't know what he did to my throat but I have had the worst throat pain since surgery that has been worse than the actual surgery pain.

Anyway, I made it back to my room at 12:45 or so and My DH and DD and SIL were there to help...My DH was at a loss for what to do for me but my DD stepped up to the plate and handled things like an

I Had A TVH but the Dr. didn't take the ovaries he said they looked fine...my uterus was the size of a 12 week pregnancy explains alot...The Morophine drip was my friend...I used it often and frequently...I wanted a chocolate shake after and my other DD brought me one but they wouldn't let me have it only CLEAR LIQUIDS AGAIN...

MY Nurses were AWESOME... Kaye and Judith during the day and Debra and Jenn at nite...GREAT KUDO's to these ladies...I remembered reading on hear how to thank the nurses for their care and support and I did that everytime they did something or just came to check on me...I told them "Thank You and I Appreciate all Their Time and Commitment to making my stay at the Castle bearable."

They took out my catheter at 6:30 on Friday morning by 7:30 they said I could get up and so I did and I peed and walked the halls by 8:30 and then took me a shower and had signed all my discharge papers by 10:30...So I called DH to see where he was because when I spoke to him at 7:15 he was coming up there after he dropped the boys off at school at 7:30...He had gone back home and gone to bed...

I had asked him several times the day before to bring me my cell phone from the car...so that i could call my sister and he finally did at 9:00 on thursday nite...So when he finally made it to the hospital at 12:15 I was ready to leave and very frustrated at his actions...Told him I felt like I had been abandoned... Come to find out too that he had not answered my cell phone at all on Thursday and no one had called my sister.

All is better now though after I expressed my feelings of neglect and abandonment... He sees the error of his ways and had more than made up for contributing to my pity party. He was off Thurs. and Fri. he Stayed home Sat. nite and went to work on Sunday...He left to go to work on Monday...I was feeling emotional and he left and I went about my puttering around the house and 20 mins. later he came back in the door he had called work and told them he wouldn't be in tonite... He has been so very good...

I just wish my throat would feel better...I called the Dr. today and am waiting for him to call back and using Chloraseptic spray about all I can do...I haven't had any pain meds today...DH took me to IHOP for breakfast this morning...Not much of an appetite...But felt good to get out but much better to get back home and in bed for a nap.

Only 1 hot flash so far...Don't know how long it will take the ovaries to get back to work...Don't know what to expect there...Sorry my post is so long...I do feel somewhat like a hugh weight has been lifted and I am looking forward to how much my physical being is going to feel better...

This Site has been such a GOD Send to me and the ladies who have offered words of encouragement it means so much to me and to others who I have bragged about you all to...Thanks
Unread 10-09-2007, 12:54 PM

My LAVH was Oct. 1st. There are a few of us out there with that date. Everything went very well and my dr. sent me home on tuesday. My mother as spent a lot of time here which was very unexpected. My dh took a few weeks of to be here with me and the kids. I was evrry glad he decided that he could be home for more than a few day. He has been a godsend. I had to go to the Dr. on Thursday because I had scratched the glue off my bellybutton and it started to bleed a little. All is well though. I have been lucky so far recovery is going great inspite of the overdoing. DH has been on me so I am taking it easy now, not tryng to push it. I am finding that I am board out of my mind though, I'm so use to being on the go. My family is tring to keep me busy with things that I can do and that helps. Thanks to all the sisters that have posted here, I spent so much time reading the postings before my LAVH that I think if not for you all I wouldn't have been as prepaired. to every one.
Unread 10-09-2007, 03:49 PM

I'm walking like an old woman, bent over and holding my swelly belly like someone is about to give birth!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register