endo. cancer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-24-2002, 12:00 AM
endo. cancer

Hi--I am 10 days post -op from a TAH/BSO, and just found out my path. report when I got my staples out a few days ago. There was Stage 1B endometrial cancer (confined to lining and muscle of uterus). Normally the lymph nodes are removed and tested with this, but mine were not. Should I worry? Would it be worth it to be opened back up to have this done? My GYN/ON thinks not, and also that I will not need radiation therapy.
Also, are there any hyster sisters out there who had (or have) early stage endo. cancer who are also being given ERT? I am, and worry a lot about recurrence because of this. I trust my doc, but I am freaking out a little with this news and want to be sure.....Please respond if you have any of this in common. Thanks!!!!
Worried and scared,
Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2002, 06:49 AM
endo. cancer

s Heather

Welcome to Cancer Concerns. There are many ladies here that share your diagnosis. Be patient, they will be along soon to share their own experience with you.
Was your diagnosis unexpected at the time of surgery? Was your surgery done by a gyn oncology surgeon?
Even though you are post surgery, it is never to late to get a second opinion to help answer your questions.
May you continue with a smooth recovery.

karenann
Unread 11-24-2002, 08:26 AM
endo. cancer

Hi Heather,
It sounds like they got your cancer early which is great, and hopefully you will not require any further treatment.

I can't help as my cancer was ovarian, but while you are waiting for the other ladies I found a thread that we had recently on the forum here where the ladies with endo cancer were discussing taking estrogen and hrt. Hope it is helpful to you. There are also many women not taking hrt of any kind since their surgery , and you may want to read through some of the posts in the Hormone Jungle Oasis forum as well.

Here is the link to the endo cancer/estrogen thread.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...o+and+estrogen

All the best to you.
Hugs
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2002, 12:22 PM
endo. cancer

Heather
I also was dx with endo c at 44. I am 5 months post op. I have sent you a private message. Chris
Unread 11-25-2002, 12:41 PM
endo. cancer

Hi Heather I too had endo cancer and was caught in the early stages. This was 3 years ago. At that time my Dr. put me on estrogen. I stayed on it for 2 1/2 years and then took myself off. I was concerned about breast cancer as my mother had it many years ago. I went to another Dr. and she too believed it would be alright to take it. I was just not comfortable with it. I have read many posts here and some Drs. say it's okay and some say not. With the new findings I'm very glad I went off. You have to get all the information you can and make your decision. Good Luck, we are all here to listen and help. Candy
Unread 11-25-2002, 01:32 PM
endo. cancer

Dear Lollipop 11,
Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll just trust my doc for now, since she seems to think there's no harm in ERT for me. It makes me nervous though because I am worried about recurrence of the cancer from the extra estrogen, but I just don't know enough about it yet.
When you had your surgery, did they take out your lymph nodes in the area for testing too? They thought I didn't have cancer at the time of surgery (just hyperplasia, a precursor to it), so they did not take any lymph nodes out.
Thanks for your reply, and take care. Have you had good check-ups since your surgery?
Heather
Unread 11-26-2002, 04:12 AM
endo. cancer

Heather, I had irregular bleeding and my Dr. did a biopsy. I turned out to be cancer. When he did the surgery, the cancer was just starting so he didn't feel the need to take out the lymph nodes. I'm going for my 3 year checkup next Monday. All of my other checkups have been fine. If you still have reservations about taking estrogen, maybe you should get a second opinion to ease your mind. Good Luck, Candy
Unread 11-26-2002, 10:13 AM
endo. cancer

Hi Heather,

I am 5 weeks post op for endo cancer. I had a D&C followed by an ablation, the path report came back from the D&C endo cancer, so I had a hysterectomy two weeks later. Doc did take lymph nodes, but there was no cancer left, the ablation had burned it away. I would not worry about not taking the lymph nodes. If it is early as yours is, then taking the uterus is a cure.
I am not taking HRT because I also had breast cancer years ago, but if your doctor says it's OK, then I think you shouldn't worry.
Good luck.
Unread 11-26-2002, 06:25 PM
endo. cancer

Dear dbear,
Thanks so much for your reply to my post.

It is great to hear from someone with a similar diagnosis, and your reply helps me to relax, and realize I should trust my GYN/ON dr.
Good luck to you,
Heather

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register