Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 09-Aug 15,2021 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 09-Aug 15,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 09-Aug 15,2021

Unread 09-13-2021, 07:16 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 09-Aug 15,2021

: D harkrider,

So good to have you join us on the recovery forum. Also glad to hear HS has been helpful to you. Sounds like you are doing well. And that was a huge tumor so yes your insides may take a while to get used to all that space. I have had a couple of sisters say they liked the binder when they went back to work because it made things seem more secure down there. So if your Dr has said one is good for you maybe you should give it a try.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2021, 04:44 PM

Hi ladies,
5 weeks today!!

I decided to call the doc today - have been having off and on symptoms of UTI for 4-5 days. It wasn't consistent but it persisted long enough I didn't want to wait another week to my 6 week appointment. I called my 'main' surgeon - one did the hysterectomy and one did the cystoscopy and urethral sling (a urogynocologist) - and got referred over to the urogyn. He wants to see me tomorrow, but went ahead and started me on Cipro.

Until this past weekend, I was doing great, increasing activity and waking up each day with good energy. Last few days I have continued trying to do a bit more or variety, in preparation for going back to work in another week; but each morning I've woken up with less energy. That was one of the big things that convinced me to call in to the doctor.

I love this group and the education I got here as I read things leading up to the surgery and in recovery, made me feel like I knew what was going on without having to google everything.

I am feeling more ready mentally to go back to work, that's for sure. Walls are starting to close in here.
Unread 09-15-2021, 05:54 PM

Jen,

Glad the Dr got you on the meds. These UTIs are so common with this surgery and it is good to knock it out right away. If you do a test after on the meds it will most likely be negative because they work so fast. So I assume he will keep you on it. Let us know how you do.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2021, 05:01 PM

Hello,
Hope everyone is healing well.

Had a phone visit with surgeon today, having problem with vaginal pressure, feels like a phantom tampon is stuck inside. Doc said most likely from posterior repair and dryness.

She recommended coconut oil for the dryness, insert with a q-tip being careful to not insert very far. Also when I can have sex again she said can be used as a lubricant and it smells good

Has anyone else used coconut oil?
Thanks!
Unread 09-16-2021, 06:54 PM

Brocky,

Yes it is our regular lubricant and it just absorbs into your skin so it isn’t messy, it just disappears. We love it. If it is solid as it is at room temp I think it works best. Your body heat warms it and it is easy to apply. I just put it in a empty face cream jar and fill it from my kitchen supply. I usually let my dear sisters know about this secret when their Drs start releasing them for full activity. Which BTW isn’t too long now for some.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-17-2021, 04:21 PM

Woke up yesterday with nausea and my head is killing me. It hasn’t gone away. When I get up even slowly I get light headed and my head starts to spin. Now I have pressure in my pelvic area. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be going on? I go back to the doctor next Wednesday. She doesn’t believe it’s hormones because she left my ovaries and just told me to take ibuprofen as needed. I know I am miserable almost as if I just had surgery.
Unread 09-17-2021, 07:32 PM

Meg,

Sound similar to symptoms of a UTI. Why don’t you get an otc urine test. If it is positive you probably should not wait for that appointment. Go to an urgent care if your dr isn’t open Saturday AM or call your GP if they are open tomorrow AM. Please let us know how you are doing. Prayers and thoughts.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-19-2021, 04:54 PM

It’s been awhile but I have been doing okay these past few weeks and lightly exercising on my elliptical. Still holding a small pillow when I cough or sneeze. I’m really looking forward to my 6 week check up in 4 days. I hope you’ve all been doing well.
Unread 09-19-2021, 07:32 PM

Good luck on the check up. Guessing all is well.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 09-20-2021, 06:27 PM

6-week checkup - cuff is healed well - uti seems to have resolved - pathology is negative for any cancer. I'm praying this is the beginning of a better time for me. It's been a really rough year since December 2020.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register