Smileeyt's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story*** | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Smileeyt's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story*** Smileeyt's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story***

Unread 11-02-2018, 08:42 AM
Smileeyt's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story***

Smileeyt's Vaginal Hysterectomy Story

Vaginal Hysterectomy
Age at Surgery 35

I had a hysterectomy because I have had really heavy bleeding and cramping starting when I was 14 years old. I’ve tried everything before the hysterectomy as far as birth control, and the form of the IUD merena. The merena only lasted for three years. After that I got a endometriosis ablation and it only lasted a short while about 8 months. At this point I was furious and wanted something to be done about this, because of course it was messing with my livelihood. I was in so much pain missing work and spending less time with my family. I suffered a great deal of my life with all of this. I had pain with intercourse and because of it i barely had a sex life with my Husband. I just couldn’t take it anymore. I got a second opinion and the best thing was for me to get a hysterectomy.

I was terrified about going under anesthesia for that long period of time during the surgery. Before I had to go under for the ablation but I was ok with that because it wasn’t a lot of hours verses the hysterectomy surgery. After the surgery I woke up in really bad pain, nausea and vomiting. The whole time at the hospital I was in pain and very uncomfortable. I was even scared to go home because I thought that something was going to happen giving that much pain I was in. I was able to go home the day after the hysterectomy because it was vaginal and they said you heal faster. 3-4 weeks after surgery I was told that I had edenomyosis and they couldn’t tell before surgery because they had to take a look at the uterus fully to determine that. I still have my overuse. Also an infection set up outside of my vagina cavity at the top where they closed up the vagina 3 weeks after surgery. They really don’t know why an infection occurs but it’s like a small percentage of women that gets one after surgery. I was in so much pain and had to take a lot of antibiotics for it to heal properly. I felt so alone and afraid that I thought I was going to die.

Some important issues after surgery were what I can and can’t do as far as activities going back to work and how will I be able to maintain my house with my husband and children. Doctors told me to take it easy and I took well advantage given the fact that I had an infection. I feel as though my recovery was going good at first until the infection happened, and I found that very difficult to deal with. I had some worries about my life as far as I wasn’t and still don’t feel comfortable with myself. I was able to return to activities and work 8 weeks P.O surgery.

I would have to say that my health has been better than before the hysterectomy. I’m not happy that I had to get the hysterectomy, but I know that it was for the good. I’m not in pain anymore, but for the mental and emotional part I am. I still don’t feel like myself and I’m very insecure with myself, especially when it comes to sex. It feels totally different and I thought my husband was not into me anymore. He’s been very supportive in all of this and I’m grateful for him.

I would say to other woman that are facing or considering a hysterectomy to do what’s best for them. I say that because only you know what you can take and you know your body better then anybody. Just take some time and see if that’s something you really want to do. The most important thing is to get a second opinion and have a support system behind you and that would make your decision easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register