What kind of PJ's?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What kind of PJ's?? What kind of PJ's??

Unread 08-30-2005, 03:04 PM
What kind of PJ's??

Dear Princesses,

I guess the more experienced princesses from any type of abdominal surgery can help me with this dilemma. This is my first surgical procedure ever and for my castle stay I want to know if PJ's (top and pants) are ok? I have read threads that suggest silky jammies for the easiest route to get out of the bed and have bought these kind of PJS. Im just not a night gown girl. I either like shorts & t shirt, very short night shirt or if I go the long ones, I like the pants. Something about the night gown getting all twisted that drives me crazy. Will these types of jammies work for the castle? Do you have tons of incision checks by nurses while at the castle?

13 days and counting. Since Im so obsessed with these thoughts the jammie question came to mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
What kind of PJ's??

I just want to introduce myself to you, I am Nicole. And also have my LSh on 9/12. I have had abdominal surgery and top & bottom is fine....but very loose. That's what I bought! Hope others who have gone before us have more wisdom to share. Best wishes & prayers for you on 9/12 also!!
Unread 08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
What kind of PJ's??

Having had abdominal surgery 7 weeks ago I found that pj bottoms with a drawstring were the most comfy for me. Make sure they have lots of room in them for that swelly belly. I didn't have a lot of incision checks, mainly just once a day. I also wore the pj bottoms home from hospital rather than trying to put on real clothes. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2005, 03:50 PM
What kind of PJ's??

Hi Gals:

Loose Loose Loose, thats what I suggest, Top and pants work well but if the elastic in the pant is somewhat tight, it could be uncomfortable. They only checked my incision 3 times the entire hospital stay so that wasn't to bad, however my incision was really sore and tender so once I got home it was loose large large T-shirts for the first 3 weeks. Then my regular night clothes were fine. Underwear was 3 size's bigger than my normal size and I'm glad I did because again my incision was really really tender.

Best Wishes are sent your way for your surgeries!!!

Ann
Unread 08-30-2005, 03:57 PM
What kind of PJ's??

Actually I was happy just to wear the hospital gowns they provided. It worked fine, and I did not fret about it getting dirty - if something spilled or leaked on it (and it WILL happen), they just gave me a clean one.

When it was time for walkies I had a hospital dressing gown to wear over top to prevent inadvertant mooning.

Good luck, it will all be easier than you think.
Unread 08-30-2005, 04:14 PM
What kind of PJ's??

I worer the hospital gowns until I had to take the trip home. Then I wore pj's with a top and pants. I bought these two sizes bigger. They were very comfortable and when I got home I did not have to change.
Theresa
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:40 AM
What kind of PJ's??

I used the hospital gown and my robe. I had a catheter so pants were out of the question. When I got home it was granny panties and short, cute nightgowns. Just as long as you are comfortable.
Unread 08-31-2005, 07:15 AM
What kind of PJ's??

I wore lightweight drawstring pants and shorts. Oversize elastic was OK when I had the binder on in the hospital, but I hated that as well and took it off asap. I would buy whatever you are comfortable in now (just buy larger sizes or drawstring)...I hate nightgowns as well, I bought one before surgery and still haven't touched it ...also slip on shoes or slippers, I couldn't bend down to tie shoelaces (and I hate being barefoot) for over a week.
Unread 08-31-2005, 07:24 AM
What kind of PJ's??

I'm going to wear the designer gowns provided at the castle and when I leave I have jammie bottoms that have a draw string and fit very loose.
Unread 08-31-2005, 09:27 AM
What kind of PJ's??

I did a nightgown at the hospital thinking of the catheter tube, incision checks, and then ease in the bathroom. I moved up to drawstring pants and loose tops at home. Anything with elastic needs to be VERY loose or it seems to increase swelly belly. Definitely panties 2 sizes larger.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register