TLH scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TLH scheduled TLH scheduled

Unread 02-07-2008, 03:41 PM
TLH scheduled

Hey Girls
I'm with you... Mine is scheduled for 2/22. We scheduled in on 1/21 and at the time it seemed like forever-now it is starting to sink in. I've got to get the house ready, get the kids ready (4 of them) not to mention train my replacement at work. I realized today I'm going to have to get some outfits to wear to come home and for once I start getting up and around. I think keeping busy is helping because last week with nothing to do but wait, I was a mess. Now that all the tests have come back and basically confirmed the diagnosis and surgery with only 2 weeks left I've finally started prepping. The tests were actually worse than I expected and I told the nurse I felt like I was falling apart-she said "Thats okay honey, we're gonna put you back together." I contacted my insurance company today to make sure there were no suprises-I've seen some posted on the boards.
I'm just so looking forward to the constant pain being over-I know it will get worse before it gets better but once it gets better it will be for good.
Lets stay in touch-good luck and God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I am also on 22/2

Hi. I have been reading the boards for a while. I am from Sydney, Australia and I am also scheduled for my LVH/BSO on 22/2 due to years of pain with endometriosis. I was excited to read that there is someone else out there who will be going thru the same thing on the same day. I have been cleaning the house like crazy and stocking up on things in preparation of me not being able to do things for a while. I have moments of nervousness now but am trying to focus on the positive and just can't wait till I wake up and it will all be over and I am hoping the pain will not be too bad. I wish you all the very best and I am sure everything will go really well for you.
Unread 02-08-2008, 06:56 AM
TLH scheduled

Hi!! I am too scheduled for 2/22 and nervous and overwhelmed. I am happy my body will no what to do hopefully after this, and I look forward to my period not controlling my life. My inlaws are coming 3 days after surgery so I have to get the guest room ready and if we show our home I have to hobble to the neighbors house, but yes I am nervous. I have my pre-op on the 15th how about you all? Stay in touch and though we may be miles away, I feel better knowing I am not the only one going through this on that day.. I wish you all the best and look forward to hearing from you..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2008, 09:23 PM
TLH scheduled

My pre-op isn't until the day before surgery although the dr's office has been in touch with all the test results confirming the need for surgery. Now that I've gotten myself geared up for this I'm scared to death something will happen to delay it-catch a cold or insurance issues. I've already contacted the insurance company and it is a covered procedure-<No insurance names as per the site TOS, please. Thanks!> is pretty good. I'm on antibiotics for a pelvic infection so I'm hoping I won't get sick.
Unread 02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
TLH scheduled

Ok girls have to ask what a pre-op is. What happens?. Perhaps we do things differently here in Oz but I have met with my gyno twice now and gone thru all the risks etc.. Apparently I will have blood tests when I arrive on the day of surgery but that is it. I have filled in all the forms etc. and the hospital has been confirmed. I will find out what time to be there the day before the surgery. I have to do a bowel cleanse the day before also and just a light diet in the week leading up to the surgery eg. no red meat, alcohol etc. I am also worried about getting a cold now and am trying to eat really healthily, excercising every day etc. to make sure I am in the best shape I can be before the big day. Getting nervous now but just wish it was over already. thanks.
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:33 AM
TLH scheduled

Look at all of us 2/22 ladies...it's getting close - less than two weeks.

I have my pre-op appointment with my primary care physician on Thursday, I won't see the OB/Gyn again until surgery day. I can't speak for everyone else, but at my pre-op they are going to do bloodwork and a general check up to make sure I'm 'up' for surgery. Besides that, my OB/Gyn told me that the day of surgery I have to take a urine pregnancy test (I've had a tubal ligation for about 2 years). I told him that if the test is positive, we have a heck of a lot more to worry about than surgery.

My one worry is that the kiddo will bring home some illness just prior to surgery, but I'll just worry about that if and when it happens. My doctor's nurse called on Friday with the preauthorization and my insurance company's review nurse called on Friday changing the preauthorization to a preapproval based on age and diagnosis (I have uterine prolapse and a rectocele and I'm 34 - I'm not sure what the age has to do with it???). I have no idea what the difference between a preauthorization and preapproval is, but I figure it was good news.

I was so completely full of anxiety, but this site and preparing has calmed me way down.
Unread 02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
TLH scheduled

Hello fellow 2/22 ladies!

I was so happy to find this site a month ago after being scheduled for the hysterectomy I've been fighting against for almost 12 years. I always felt I could fix my 'problems' with diet, excercise, hormones, homeopathy......you name it but to no avail. The funny thing is that as soon as I gave up my fight and decided this really was the best thing for me I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders.

I had my pre-op this past Friday where they did blood work, x-rays, echo, ecg, meetings with both the nurse and anesthesiologist - they really check you out well.

Now all I'm really worried about is actually making it to the hospital on the day of surgery. I live in Ontario, Canada and all the roads in the surrounding counties have been closed for the past two days and February is notorious for storms around here. I'd be really upset if I couldn't have it done after taking so long to reach a decision and doing all the preparing for it, LOL.

Best of luck to everyone!

Carol

TAH - BSO 02/28/08

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register