New to Site | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-12-2008, 02:25 PM
New to Site

Hi, I'm from Rochester Area. I just found this website last week. Right now I'm just in a waiting mode and kind of a "how could this happen?" I never had heavy bleeding, pain, anemia etc. but last week I thought my appendix was going to burst so I went to the ER and found out that it was fine but I have a fibroid the size of a small eggplant in my uterus. Now I have to have a TAH. Funny thing is I just saw my doctor in January and everything was fine. Even he was shocked that it grew that quickly. The positive thing is they're pretty sure it's not malignant. Now I'm just playing the waiting game because I'd really like it to just be over. Still not having bleeding or anything but I'm grateful for large Motrin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:57 PM
New to Site

Welcome to the site. It's been a blessing for me. I will going in next Mon for my TAH. Good luck with yours.
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:21 PM
New to Site

Sorry for you pain but on the bright side, at least you went to the ER and found it. If it is growing that quickly it could have caused even worse pain had you not found out when you did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 09:08 AM
New to Site

welcome to the site hun!
hugs
lisa
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:18 AM
New to Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktkski
Hi, I'm from Rochester Area. I just found this website last week. Right now I'm just in a waiting mode and kind of a "how could this happen?" I never had heavy bleeding, pain, anemia etc. but last week I thought my appendix was going to burst so I went to the ER and found out that it was fine but I have a fibroid the size of a small eggplant in my uterus. Now I have to have a TAH. Funny thing is I just saw my doctor in January and everything was fine. Even he was shocked that it grew that quickly. The positive thing is they're pretty sure it's not malignant. Now I'm just playing the waiting game because I'd really like it to just be over. Still not having bleeding or anything but I'm grateful for large Motrin.
ktkski!!! I know what you mean about being fine and within a couple months it being very bad. For almost a year my periods had gotten a little worse (heavier and a little more painful). Then in December I had severe pelvic pain and went to the ER and found out I had a cyst on my left ovary and a uterine fibroid. My pain was coming from the cyst bleeding into my ovary. I followed up with my GYN and since it was time for my annual physical I had my pap smear. I had abnormal cells and in February I had a repeat ultrasound and a colposcopy. The colposcopy was fine but 2 days later I started my "normal" period which turned out not normal. I was passing large clots, had pressure, etc. Ever since then that's how my periods was and they were happening every couple weeks.

I am now 1 week post-op from a LAVH and everything is going good. I hope that you get your relief soon!
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Welcome New Sista!

I had a SAH almost 8 wks ago. I was greatful to find this site! Theres nothing you cant ask.

Good Luck..hope you have a GREAT day!
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
New to Site

and Ktkski,

This site has been my lifeline with all this. It is addicting for sure!!! What a blessing that you found it as quickly as you did given that things were great a few months ago and it is growing quickly. You have a ton of new friends here all ready and willing to share your journey.

Prays and {{{Hugs}}} to you.
Unread 05-13-2008, 12:02 PM
New to Site

Welcome! Glad you've found us!

I'm sorry for what you have gone through. I, too, found out very quickly that there was a problem and that I needed a Hysterectomy ASAP. It can be a hard pill to swallow, so please just taking your time in dealing with this. Take time to grieve, scream, shout and punch pillows if you need to. And we're always here to lend an ear, too...don't forget that!

Take care of yourself, and best wishes to you!
Unread 05-14-2008, 09:27 AM
New to Site

Thank you all for the support. I'm doing OK just IMPATIENT. My doctor actually had surgery last week or this might have been over.

to all of you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register