Scheduled dVH/RALH 9/26/11 Bladder concern any suggestions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9/26/11 Bladder concern any suggestions? 9/26/11 Bladder concern any suggestions?

Unread 09-24-2011, 05:53 AM
9/26/11 Bladder concern any suggestions?

Did ur bladder get better/worse and what did u do for it? All info would help.
I am so ready!!! Its been a long wait to get this prolapsed ball removed. Ive lost 15 pounds by eating better, yoga/walking which helped keep anxiety down. My massage practice is on hold for 2 months thru december. Clients have shared their stories too which gave me hope.

I am concerned about my bladder tho. Right now I am not being able to stop my stream when going pee! What is it goin to be like after surgery monday. I know worry is wasteful, but this I cant find natural ways to help. I do the pelvic exercises and have healthy sex life so muscles should be strong right? Did u get better or worse? I get to stay in the hospital over night for observation, but any suggestions would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Re: 9/26/11 Bladder concern any suggestions?

I had a Vaginal Hyst. with repairs and a bladder sling on Mar. 22, then an abdominal BSO with repairs done 6 weeks later. The decision to do the two surgeries was mine because of all the repairs that needed to be done. I was diagnosed with a stage 4 total prolapse, so if I ever wanted any quality of life, this was the only way for me to go. Because I also had breast cancer 2 years ago, my DR and oncologists agreed it was best to do a total hysterectomy along with all the prolapse repairs.

Okay, enough about me. Good for you for losing the weight, and getting healthier before surgery. That will help you heal. My bladder did not want to wake up at first after surgery-this is very normal. I could not pee before I left the hospital, so I came home with a catheter for 10 days. It wasn't a big deal as I did not have to get up to pee for 10 days! Unfortunately, all the exercising in the world can not re-build the right muscles and ligaments for your bladder, but if nothing else has prolapsed, it could help the rest of your pelvic area. The peeing does get better, but it will take time and patience on your part. Lots of rest, and let your body heal. Go to the pre-op section at the top of the page. There is great info there that will help you through this journey.

Just so you know, I am now 6 months post-up, and I have no regrets that I have had this surgery. My quality of life has improved significantly, and I am feeling wonderful.

Best wishes to you, and please keep us posted on your progress!
Unread 09-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Re: 9/26/11 Bladder concern any suggestions?

Thank you Kristilou! Good to know you are doing better. Congrats on ur remission too! Hearing this helps me realize I could be taking home a catheter too. If that is the case it will be easier than what I went thru after my last surgery. I got home and cried in the bathroom because of the ureter or bladder pain. I still want my bladder tacked or something for prevention, so I will ask my surgeon if she can do that while she is in there. I really would not like to be a regular in the hospital!hehe I will read all I can. Take good care of that healthy body you got now. I will do my best too and thank you for the reply. Tomorrow is my big day at the Castle!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register