tummy tuck/TAH...Tuesday...scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tummy tuck/TAH...Tuesday...scared! tummy tuck/TAH...Tuesday...scared!

Unread 10-17-2004, 05:01 PM
tummy tuck/TAH...Tuesday...scared!

Hello everyone, I am of mixed feelings. First let me say my insurance is going to pay for my tummy tuck when combined with my hysterectomy...which I am thrilled about, because it would not have been affordable if insurance wouldnt have covered the tummy tuck. Second I am nervous about combining the procedures, but have been assured that it is becoming quite common for both to be preformed together. My OB/GYN said that she is considering going back to school so she can preform the tummy tuck procedure with female surgeries because it is becoming such a huge request. I NEVER thought my insurance would come through, but now that it has I am looking forward to having this done as a reward for enduring so much pain and bleeding with my fibroids. It is none the less scarey, but also a bit exciting to think I wont have that ugly bulge over my Csection scars. All the crunches and sit ups have done nothing to get rid of this horrible bulge! I just wish they could recycle the tummy fat and put it on my chest!!! Just knowing I am going to have a nicer looking tummy has made me want to diet and work on the other areas that jiggle and bulge. I wish all you princesses the best on your surgeries. I will be going in on tuesday for mine and look forward to hearing from you all on your experiences. Wishing you God's Blessings for comfort, and healing as you recover. Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Tummy tuck/TAH tuesday also!!

WE are both experiencing the same thing...I'm hysterctomy, panniculectomy, ventral hernia repair, and MR!!! I'm scared silly!! WE will both be okay and I had pain and bleeding from fibroids also, so I know the reward we will recieve!!! Good luck and we will be just fine....even though those are just words because you know....I'M FULL OF BUTTERFLIES RIGHT NOW!!!!! :))
Unread 10-17-2004, 05:39 PM

Hi Linda,

It's perfectly normal to be somewhat nervous and scared when facing any kind of surgery, and a hysterectomy by itself is major, and you've added a tummy tuck on top of it all, so it's no wonder you are feeling a little scared right about now.

I wish you the very best, and hope that you have a successful and uneventful surgery and recovery. And afterwards, you might want to check out Hysteritaville and the B.E.S.T. forum for ladies who are supporting each other in their journey to a healthier life.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2004, 06:25 PM

Hey, I did them both in June and I am doing great. It is a little yucky at first-the drains were the worst. I had over 40 staples and some stitches that had to be taken out, they weren't the dissovlable kind. But I have had relatively few problems.

Be sure to take before pictures- you will have something to compare. and s
Unread 10-17-2004, 08:41 PM

Hello,

I am one year post op TODAY from a FTT/TVH. I feel great and am so happy I combined the surgeries. I do not think it made my recovery any more difficult than it otherwise would have been. Two surgeries and only one recovery.....a great idea!

I think it is terrrific your insurance is going to pay for the tuck. Mine covered much more of the cost than I had expected so I was refunded almost half of my upfront costs.

I love my new tummy. I don't think I ever looked this good....even as a teen. I also don't think I have ever felt this good for this long of a time. No more monthly pains.

Good luck to you both. You are going to be so thrilled with your tummies. And with the freedom from Flo.

Unread 10-25-2004, 03:47 PM
tummy tuck with hysterectomy

I too am having both done on Nov. 15th. I feel like maybe the hysterectomy wont be so depressing for me if I have something to look forward to ( a flat tummy). I am very scared and hope I have made the right decision. My insurance is not paying for it. I just hope it dont make recovery harder. Please let me know how your surgery goes.
Rhonda
Unread 10-25-2004, 07:23 PM

I wanted to add one thing I never thought of or asked about.

I am 4 months post op and I have had, since right after surgery, this little "pouch" from my incision down to the top of my labial opening. I guess on some boards they call it the Ken Doll bulge. That is just what it looks like and it is loose excess skin-I wish I would have told the PS to get rid of that if possible.

The whole process also seems to have pulled the vaginal area up and forward-it is in a different place now. I don't know if that happens to everyone, or if it will go away, but it makes sex different-things seem to be in a different place. But that could also be from the rectocele repair also and getting rid of the prolapsed uterus.
Something to ask about at any rate. It was hard to pin my plastic surgeon down on anything-he just kept saying everything would look fine and be fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register