Scheduled LAVH Upcoming hysterectomy 6/23: Didn’t realize I was so anxious until recently - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 6/23: Didn’t realize I was so anxious until recently Upcoming hysterectomy 6/23: Didn’t realize I was so anxious until recently

Unread 06-15-2020, 09:57 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 6/23: Didn’t realize I was so anxious until recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Gem View Post
Thank you for the encouragement! I’m hoping the day of I will wake up and be calm, I know I’m gonna cry because I cry now but I gotta pray over myself and my team!
I was a wreck all through the 4 months ahead of mine which is why I thought it was weird that I woke up feeling ok. Normally the day of a flight I'm more nervous than I was that day. I liked reading stories ahead of my hysterectomy of how it was, good or bad, so I knew what to expect. I was told many times that the worry ahead was worse than the surgery and recovery. It was true. I tried to remember that a hysterectomy is an extremely common surgery too but those worries would still happen. I think OR doctors and nurses are used to people being nervous so go ahead and cry, it's normal. I remember having fleeting thoughts of oh come on be brave, and then thinking no it's ok to cry and they understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2020, 06:07 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 6/23: Didn’t realize I was so anxious until recently

Hi I felt exact same as you, and honest it was all good with the anesthesia.. your are out so fast and next thing your awake in recovery. I had complications from my hysterectomy but none of it had to do with anesthesia..take care and God Bless..
Unread 06-16-2020, 09:25 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 6/23: Didn’t realize I was so anxious until recently

Praying for you! My VALH is scheduled for this Friday, 6/19. I swing back and forth between extremely nervous (actually I hate needles so the IV is my worst fear to be honest HA) and then ready for it to get here so I can get it over with. I know I’ll be extremely nervous Friday morning. I’ll try to get back on and post an update over the weekend and can answer any questions you may have. (((Hugs)))
Unread 06-16-2020, 09:30 PM

My IV took forever to get in, i have no visible veins so it took about 30 minutes. They tried both hands back and forth. They kept saying it wont thread it wont thread. I was thinking “oh so gross!” But it didnt really hurt! I just make sure not to look. I turned my head away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalap73 View Post
Praying for you! My VALH is scheduled for this Friday, 6/19. I swing back and forth between extremely nervous (actually I hate needles so the IV is my worst fear to be honest HA) and then ready for it to get here so I can get it over with. I know I’ll be extremely nervous Friday morning. I’ll try to get back on and post an update over the weekend and can answer any questions you may have. (((Hugs)))
Unread 06-16-2020, 09:53 PM

I will literally pass out if that happens to me. One time they had to do a spinal on my 3 week old when he had a high fever and they were trying to rule out meningitis. They spent probably about the same amount of time trying to get it and I literally thought I was going to faint.

I’ve had 3 kids plus one other surgery and only once did they have to move the IV to a different spot (top of hand). I’m generally pretty easy to stick, but the other day I had some blood work done and the tech said “Your veins are really tiny! They’ll need to make sure they get a good one so the IV doesn’t blow.” NICE. That’s what I like to hear before major surgery.

So of course now I’m wondering if something has happened in the past 12 years since my last child - like my veins shrunk or something!! I guess I should be grateful that at least they’re pretty visible. If I can just get through the IV without much issue I feel like I’ll be able to deal with the aftermath (fingers crossed).
Unread 06-16-2020, 10:33 PM

Best of luck to you and I hope everything goes well!! And yes let me know if you can!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register