Lupron | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Lupron

hi,
i am scheduled for surgery in january. my doctor wants to put me on Lupron for the next 3 months. i have been bleeding almost non stop for 2 months and she wants my anemia under control before january.

has anyone here taken Lupon? what should I expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Re: Lupron

I have been on Lupron since July and personally I did not have that many problems with it. Yes, I was a bit achey and had hot flashes but nothing I could not live with and they went away after about 6 weeks (once the weather got cooler). My fibroid did shrink considerably and my surgeon was pleased whe I saw him today for my pre-op. I did not have heavy bleeding but my period stopped after the 2nd injection.

I wish you the best of luck---Lisa
Unread 10-13-2010, 08:31 PM

I have the same problem. I had my first injection of Lupron on Sept 30, then got my period a week later, and have been spotting ever since. My surgery is scheduled for Jan also. The only other symptoms I'm having are night sweats. I have two more injections to get. Do you think it will get worse each time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsea View Post
hi,
i am scheduled for surgery in january. my doctor wants to put me on Lupron for the next 3 months. i have been bleeding almost non stop for 2 months and she wants my anemia under control before january.

has anyone here taken Lupon? what should I expect?

wsea

My reason for needing Lupron, and any menopausal-type symptoms experienced, were pretty much the same as ((lbot)) above. I experienced hot flashes and aching joints, and my periods ceased following the second injection.

Experiences can vary considerably but I hope everything works out well and your anemia is controlled. Sending best wishes and positive thoughts!

Unread 10-15-2010, 04:11 PM

Kelbell- My side effect actually decreased after each shot but that could also be due to the summer ending and the temp. getting lower- my hot flashes kicked in as soon as it hit 75 degrees. Currently I have no problems at all, no aches, hot flashes etc. I can't believe I was so scared of this 3-4 months ago.---Lisa
Unread 10-22-2010, 03:43 PM

I am also having my hysterectomy in Janurary and am having three lupron shots, I received my first shot today. I have taken lupron before, about 8 months ago..prior to my ablation. (which obviously failed) I didn't have a hard time with it the first time, just severe hot flashes. I am hoping that things go as smooth this time around. It has made my bleeding worse today...but if I remember correctly it will get worse, before it stops.

Ready to put this all behind me, but scared of all the changes too...hoping I am making the right decisions!
Unread 10-22-2010, 04:21 PM

I have been on Lupron since the beginning of this year to help control my extremely heavy bleeding and anemia. I experienced a bad headache and was ill after the first injection. After the second injection I was fine. In addition, I have experienced hot flashes and night sweats. And I sure hope my fibroid has shrunk somewhat in size to help with my upcoming surgery. Keep in mind though that everyone is different and reacts to Lupron differently. For me, overall, it has been manageable and a life-saver in that I didn't have the heavy bleeding while I have been on it...had some breakthrough bleeding but nothing like the nightmare hemorraghing that I have had.

Best wishes to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register