Pre-Op the day of surgery?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op the day of surgery?? Pre-Op the day of surgery??

Unread 05-25-2004, 01:49 PM
Pre-Op the day of surgery??

Ok - is this the norm? I just called the castle and my DR's office to find out any pre-op instructions. My DR said I would have all of my pre-op the AM of my surgery this Friday. I check in at 5:30 and my surgery is scheduled for 7:30. Should I be worried? I think Im pretty healthy (a little high blood pressure-not too bad, no meds for that). It sounds like everyone else has theirs a few days BEFORE surgery. When I had my gallbladder out I did have the pre-op that day but only because it was an emergency surgery.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2004, 02:08 PM

My date is Thursday the lady that scheduled my surgery said a nurse would call me 2 days before i have not heard anything. They just gave me a paper that day no eating drinking after 10.00pm arrival time at the castle will be 4.30am surgery at 6.30 A.M. so i guess they will do it then. If they call today i will ask.

GOOD LUCK
Unread 05-25-2004, 02:09 PM

I had my pre-op the day before, but they told me that if I wanted I could have it that morning. Mostly because my Doctor had already done several of the tests that are usually done at the pre-op. For example, he had done the chest x-ray, EKG, and the blood work several days before. So if your Doctor had you do some things before hand, you don't need to worry.

The pre-op was just mostly talking through the process of checking in, where my family was to wait, what to expect in the process of waiting for surgery, etc. So, it can be a number of tests if your Doctor hasn't done them .. or just chatting if your Doctor has done everything already.

And actually, if they have time to do the tests that morning, that is also not a problem.

Best of luck to you ... I'll be thinking about you ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2004, 02:35 PM

Hi rkeller!

I'm scheduled for TVH 7/7/04 and my pre-op will be the morning of surgery. That was the way it was done for the two outpatient surgeries I've had so I wasn't really surprised when they told me the pre-op will be the morning of surgery. Apparantly they have plenty of time to run the tests since they wait until you come in. Do you know what they test for? That might be a good post question.

Good luck with your surgery. I hope everything goes well for you!

OliviaLu
Unread 05-26-2004, 10:02 AM

La Mutta, Cocoacat and Olivia Lu,

Thanks my fellow princesses!! I will NOT worry about this. I love this sight!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register