Scheduled LSH How are you pampering yourself before surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are you pampering yourself before surgery? How are you pampering yourself before surgery?

Unread 02-03-2012, 05:42 AM
How are you pampering yourself before surgery?

I'm looking forward to my LSH and A/P repairs on Monday, and believe that at times like this we need to pamper ourselves to help our mood and speed our healing.

So, I am making a group of friends join me on Sat for a pedicure party at a local salon. I figure if I am going to be recovering, I may as well have pretty toes and exfoliated feet.

What are you doing (or have you done) to pamper yourself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Re: How are you pampering yourself before surgery?

I haven't been monitoring my food as much! Pounding the peanut M&Ms and ordering desserts when we go out. I have such a sweet tooth, but generally avoid a lot of sugar.

Here in Belgium, you are admitted to the hospital the day BEFORE surgery so they can do all the bloodwork, introduce you to your nurses and let you settle in, before starving you and cleaning out your bowel. My Doctor ordered an in-room massage for that afternoon, as well as a pedi!

Tonight, husband and I are going into Brussels to a fabulous Indian restaurant. I ADORE indian food, but think I probably won't be able to handle the spices for a few weeks. tikka and rogan josh, here I come!

--Pam
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM

Wow--a pre op massage, that is brilliant. And Indian food, and just getting to be in Belgium/Brussels! Pam, I'm jealous! No pampering for me just yet--I'm in Get Everything Done mode. But I did get some new slippers for the hospital. We should plan things pre and post, that is a very good idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Definitely - this is an excellent thread. we get so caught up in the surgery and fear and emotions - we forget to take care of ourselves! I've made my little next in the guest room (bed is higher = easier to get out of) and have stocked up on food, movies, fluffy romance books in the kindle, and even ordered a grabber-thingy and a very nice "wedge" pillow so I can semi-recline in bed without dealing with a million extra pillows. Got myself a nice tray table for laptop and meals too. (Amazon is the bomb!)

Yeah - Belgium is a pretty awesome place to be if you need surgery. Dr. insisted I stop in for tea this morning to discuss my fears/concerns. (most Drs here work out of their homes) This wasn't a pre-op...just a reassurance/hand-holding session. Very nice. I feel much better about everything.
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Holy Cow, that is fantastic. I could use some serious hand holding. How are you in Belgium? Are you from the US? I LOVE Europe and would love to live there, or Denmark, or Germany, or any number of places.
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:24 PM

Greenie: My husband works for a pharma who's bio division is headquartered in Belgium. Prior to this we were in Montana! I went to college in Europe and absolutely love being back!! I miss my family, though...would love to have them near-by at a time like this!

Anyway - Indian dinner in the city tonight got snowed out :-( 2 inches of snow and the entire country comes to a dead standstill!!
Unread 02-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Hey girls -
Don't know if this falls under the category of pampering, but remember to laugh - I'm sitting here watching funny videos on Youtube to take my mind off things!! I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links here (and to be sure, I have a bit of a twisted sense of humor) but you can find some funny stuff - stand up routines and stuff. Right now watching Flight of the Concords "Issues" - never fails to make me giggle. Eddy Izzard "cake or death" is another favorite!!
LAUGH!! it's GOOD for you!!
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Hi Everyone,

My LSH is also Monday morning 2/6. Today I went out to breakfast with friends and tomorrow I am getting a haircut and shopping for hospital necessities. My DH has promised to clean the house and get us Greek food (my favorite) for dinner.Nervous but trying to reach a place of calm resignation.
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:28 PM

manicure pedicure and a girls night out!!!
Unread 02-03-2012, 05:49 PM

a pre op massage - wow i am jealous lol. I had to laugh at the 2 inches of snow. i have more than that built up on my deck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register